Inserting images into PSD file

MikeAldrich

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I'm trying to put together a catalog page for work and I am having a problem dragging my images (in photoshop) into the PSD catalog page I made. For some reason when I drag the image (just grabbing a layer from the original image) into the PSD, it loses it's color, the image appears darker and muted looking, a far cry from the original. why would this happen? I've done this several times before and never noticed a problem. All the files are in RGB color mode @ 8 bits so it's not a color mode thing. Any suggestions?

. . . For some reason when I drag the image (just grabbing a layer from the original image) into the PSD, it loses it's color, the image appears darker and muted looking, a far cry from the original. why would this happen? I've done this several times before and never noticed a problem. All the files are in RGB color mode @ 8 bits so it's not a color mode thing. Any suggestions?
RGB is a color model that has many color spaces.
When a photo having a wide color space gamut (like Adobe RGB or ProPhoto RGB) is moved to a page that is set to a smaller color gamut color space (like sRGB) the wider gamut photo seems to lose color and exposure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back