What's new

Inspired by Mishele - "Arnge"

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, let me be clear about some things here...

First and foremost, I'm generally inspired by no one. I do my own thing and I'm really not that much interested in emulating anyone but myself. As many of you know, I tend to kinda shrug off certain comments about angles and such as well. I know what I like, and I do it.

Second, I hate flower pictures. HATE. I think they're boring and stupid.

However... Mishele's flower pictures are stunning... haunting... I'll often seek out her posts and just dig through her stuff and I'm just completely sucked in by them. I can't help it. They're beautiful.

So, i really couldn't help myself... I HAD to buy a macro lens, and I HAD to try my hand at creating what (I hope) is my own interpretation of a somewhat mish-like style.

I say all this because...

1. I want Mish to know that she has had more influence on me as an artist than anyone else... famous or not... living or dead.
2. I want to give credit where credit is due, and all credit is due to her, here.
3. To some degree, I am emulating her style... but emulating is just a nice word that sorta softens the reality... which is that I'm copying her. Copying is bad, and I desperately hope she'll not be mad at me as I consider her a friend.

With all that said, here is my first real attempt...

Mystic%20Aquarium%20-%20024.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #2
And you think I could spell Mish' name right. :lol: Damnit.
 
I know what you mean.....don't hurt yourself.
 
I'm sure the flowers find you boring and stupid as well. ;)

I like it as well, though it does seem a bit bright to be quite as the Mishele level of haunting. But then again who wants to emulate another photographer EXACTLY. That would be very boring indeed.
 
I want a huge image with which to gaze longingly at that yummy texture. Splendid colour. Dreamy softness. This is very good.
 
Excellent work... I like this very much :thumbsup:

There are only few things which are original in the true sense of that word.... Sometimes we are inspired with our knowledge where as sometimes we are inspired unawares...such inspirations go down in our subconscious and lay there waiting for some instances to manifest or never.... All of us have millions of things there, of which some realize.... Even what we think to be original may not be original, but emergence of a seed from some deeper layer of memory even from one's childhood. If analysed even our day to day lives are but a systematized and customized collection of emulations.... all of them ever existed in this world.... and would continue to exist....we cull down some and claim it to be our personality....actually we can claim the authority of nothing... every thing existed there in the cosmic abundance.... so let us enjoy our so called creativity without fearing emulations.... at least we give our own interpretations... no two images are perfectly alike....
With my best hope that you won't misunderstand...nor anyone else would... :D
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #9
:lol: Forkie.

I'm sure the flowers find you boring and stupid as well. ;)

I like it as well, though it does seem a bit bright to be quite as the Mishele level of haunting. But then again who wants to emulate another photographer EXACTLY. That would be very boring indeed.

Yes... really very good point, actually.

This is all new territory for me, so I really appreciate thoughts like these.


Thanks to you all for your comments. I'm glad folks like it. :)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #10
Excellent work... I like this very much :thumbsup:

There are only few things which are original in the true sense of that word.... Sometimes we are inspired with our knowledge where as sometimes we are inspired unawares...such inspirations go down in our subconscious and lay there waiting for some instances to manifest or never.... All of us have millions of things there, of which some realize.... Even what we think to be original may not be original, but emergence of a seed from some deeper layer of memory even from one's childhood. If analysed even our day to day lives are but a systematized and customized collection of emulations.... all of them ever existed in this world.... and would continue to exist....we cull down some and claim it to be our personality....actually we can claim the authority of nothing... every thing existed there in the cosmic abundance.... so let us enjoy our so called creativity without fearing emulations.... at least we give our own interpretations... no two images are perfectly alike....
With my best hope that you won't misunderstand...nor anyone else would... :D

No, I understood. This is great. More for me to ponder on. Thank you for taking the time!
 
So I just realized the title of this. Funny and reminisent of the accent around where I live :)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #12

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom