What's new

Interesting accidental editing

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
2,689
Reaction score
337
Location
Old Town, ME
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot this and didn't really like the shot, so started doing different things to it. I ended up with this, kinda looks like a painting I guess. Many people are liking it alot locally so I thought I'd share here and see what you think.


$DSC_0049-6 resized.webp
 
What's with the yellow water?

I like the scene, but if it were mine, I'd lose that yellow water, clone out the power line, and also whatever the little red dot is that's just above the water, between the left edge and the white building.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #4
It's Maine...it's always yellow in most rivers 'round the mills. lol.

I'll work on the power line. I was thinking about doing that, but wasn't sure if I felt like investing the time. lol. Didn't catch the red dot, ill fix. thanks.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #5
lol, I zoomed in on the original file, it's some kinda tarp or canvas lying on the river bank. :-)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #7
Great suggestions, thanks again, made the adjustments, except for the water, not sure on how to tackle that yet. Here is updated photo, resized for quicker upload and view.

$paintinglooking1.webp
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #8
lmao, we both finished at same time.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #9
except I didnt do the water. what did you do for that?
 
Selected the areas with the yellow, then simply lowered the saturation. It ended up a little pale, so I 'cooled' it by boosting the area with bit of blue.
 
Last edited:
well, you can tell I'm still quite the noob...didn't know you could make those kinds of adjustments to a selection. Doh *slaps forhead* . A whole 'nuther world just opened for me.
 
Not a fan of harsh water like that, prefer it to be soft.
 
lol fixing my water as we speak.

I was trying smooth/silky water on that scene...problem I am having is that whenever the water is taking up most of the scene...it just looks blurry to me, not cool silky water. I'm sure it's just me, but I'll learn it. also, I kinda wanted to catch the harshness that day because it was just after a storm and the water was raging.

thanks again for the tip sparky, seriously, I have a few pics I want to fix/edit the sky on and when I did it messed up the rest of my shot, I went so far as to select the sky, make a new layer in a new photo, edit it, then copy it back in. I feel retarded now, yet thankful. lol
 
also, the yellow is the iron. makes it kinda reddish, and yellowish.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom