What's new

Interesting accidental editing

Ok, final edit. For now. lol. added more blue, also when I added more blue the mist turned blue, so I brushed in whites and darks here and there to try to return it to natural white/gray mist instead of blue mist.

$paintinglooking1.webp
 
...........I was trying smooth/silky water on that scene...problem I am having is that whenever the water is taking up most of the scene...it just looks blurry to me, not cool silky water. I'm sure it's just me, but I'll learn it. also, I kinda wanted to catch the harshness that day because it was just after a storm and the water was raging...........

Your shutter speed doesn't show up because of the editing, but I'd say it was a fairly short shutter time given the aperture and ISO. Try stopping the lens all the way down to f/22 (or smaller if possible). You need to get your shutter speed down to 1 second or longer to get that smooth, creamy water. Drop your ISO to 100 (lower, if possible). If that doesn't help, you'll need to get some neutral density filters or try shooting under a full moon.
 
no,I didnt mean in this shot. In a different shot I took on same day of same place. I posted some silky water I got in a different thread.

I was meaning that when I try to make silky water on pictures that have large amounts of water, they don't look good to me. Seems that, for me, it only works when the water in motion is a small part of the shot.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom