Interesting crop question

USCGamecock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone! I have a bit of a question for you all. Firstly, I am no good at all with photoshop (I have gimp actually) so I will need some pretty detailed steps on how to do this haha.

Anyways, I have left for college again and had to leave my special someone behind and so I wanted to do something special for her. I have some pictures of us together and I was thinking of cropping one into a heart. I thought that would be really cool to do. So any help would be appreciated as always!

Thanks so much, and I love this site! :mrgreen:

Gimp Pen tool ----> draw a heart ----> copy and then paste into new file ----> win

Thanks Reg. But a problem I am running into is that I can not draw a heart to save my life. Especially with the pen tool! :lol: Would there be any other way to make a heart? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, I am really not that good at photoshop! :lol:

Thanks again!

100 views and no more responses? I would really really appreciate your answers on this! Im begging for help! haha Thanks again!

Well from the lack of responses I have some new questions. How can i upload the full size of the picture? Maybe that will get some more responses to this. Also would posting this is another section help me out any? Thanks...

I don't have gimp, but I can tell you how to do this in Photoshop. Use the custom shape tool and make a heart over the area of the photo you choose. Then using the paths tab at the bottom there should be an option that says "load path as selection" during the cursor hover. Click this. Go to Select-Inverse. Then go to Edit-Fill. On this option you can fill the photo with black, white, or the color of your choice. You now have a heart crop with a color background.

Again, I know you don't have Photoshop, but if you ever get it those are the steps you follow.
To post a photo go to an image host, upload the photo and paste the
IMG code.

I don't have gimp, but I can tell you how to do this in Photoshop. Use the custom shape tool and make a heart over the area of the photo you choose. Then using the paths tab at the bottom there should be an option that says "load path as selection" during the cursor hover. Click this. Go to Select-Inverse. Then go to Edit-Fill. On this option you can fill the photo with black, white, or the color of your choice. You now have a heart crop with a color background.

Again, I know you don't have Photoshop, but if you ever get it those are the steps you follow.
To post a photo go to an image host, upload the photo and paste the
IMG code.

Thanks for the response! I appreciate it! However I just cant do this myself..I have played around for hours trying to get it to work but Im getting nothing! So I was wondering how I could upload the FULL size of the image. I know how to upload like a 800x600 but I want to print this out in 8x10 so i figured it would be best to upload the full size image right?

I just hope you guys can help out a fellow photoshop noob! :p

Thanks again!

google photoscape, download it (it's free) look under frames and they have a heart.

they also have a set of video's that review all the functions of the software.

this software will do lots of basic stuff plus more and is free.

I took a stab at it too......let me know if you want full sized version

USCGAME1.jpg

WOW! I am shocked! These are WAY better than I was thinking about! Thank you so much! This is exactly why I love this site, no nonsense pure help! Thank you guys so much again haha!

Most reactions

Back