Interesting Live Journal (Katrina)

That is pretty interesting.

Not to take any fire away from that site, I was reading earlier and there is a site called www.katrina.com that belonged to a lady named, ironically, Katrina, who does web design and has owned that site for the past four or so years for her computer consulting. She started getting calls and such for people looking for relatives or information and couldn't figure it out but decided to start researching things for the hurricane so she has the forums and other information running for the people affected by the hurricane and she upped her bandwidth allocations to keep up with the demands needed. She was even offered $500K for the site name but told the offerer to buzz off because she knew she was doing a good thing and didn't want someone to prosper from the disaster like so many already have.

That's the type of thing that reminds me how much I like being a human. All the crappy stuff that's surrounding this incident goes to the back burner when you hear about people that genuinely care.

hobbes28 said:
That is pretty interesting.

Not to take any fire away from that site, I was reading earlier and there is a site called www.katrina.com that belonged to a lady named, ironically, Katrina, who does web design and has owned that site for the past four or so years for her computer consulting. She started getting calls and such for people looking for relatives or information and couldn't figure it out but decided to start researching things for the hurricane so she has the forums and other information running for the people affected by the hurricane and she upped her bandwidth allocations to keep up with the demands needed. She was even offered $500K for the site name but told the offerer to buzz off because she knew she was doing a good thing and didn't want someone to prosper from the disaster like so many already have.

That's the type of thing that reminds me how much I like being a human. All the crappy stuff that's surrounding this incident goes to the back burner when you hear about people that genuinely care.

:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back