interesting panaroma

astroNikon

'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well I was at a dark sky park the other week for a short time. The jetstream changed and brought clouds and rain for a few days and I had roughly an hour to shoot.
So I only had a change to use my camera and not my telescope before the clouds obscured the sky.

I have to figure out how to feather the images together so you don't see the seams too. I tried doing more photos for a more panoramic scene but with 4 photos you lose all the stars and the file size gets really big. This was a 57.2MB file before exporting it to 4 for TPF.

I tried the Auto Pano stitch feature but it wanted to take bottom photo #1 and put it on top at an angle. Add to that PSE12 doesn't have the manual control features of PSE11. So I just learned how to do layers (yeah).

Attachments

• 20150823_MilkyWay_Full2_4MB-01.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 100
that microsoft ICE program was easy to use and worked pretty good.
But I have to add 1 photo at a time otherwise the stitching doesn't work the way I want it to.

01_3_Images_c.jpg

Last edited:
You need to lock your exposure so it is the same in each frame.
I know, but it was changing quickly. Normally I take pics at 11pm to 2am.
But this was just after sunset (with clouds rolling in quickly). So even with the same camera setting for a long stream of photos, the sky changed. I made a lot of correction in LR and haven't finished yet. At least I figured out how to stitch some photos together.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back