Interesting Photo Oppertunity

Eventer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michelleclarke.co.nz
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Little brother managed to find a praying mantis. nice photo oppertunity I though. Do you think the selective colouring works though?
28148_383451954101_647904101_3950446_3125156_n.jpg

I took heaps more but i think this one came out best... Theres another one I like.. Ill find it... :D

I like it, the only thing is the leg tips are gray it appears causing it to blend into the skin. I know that has to be very tough to achieve but I still like the effect.

I think selective coloring would look good on number 2. Not that it doesn't work on number one, just saying...

I like it, definitely one of those times when it's appropriate to use selective colouring, rather than the usual selectively colour something for the sake it type.

very cool. check out those super thin antennae (whiskers?). Not to forget the little hairs on the boys hand.

I like the selective color here, cause it's not super saturated, and there's enough contrast in the b&w areas to keep the green in check.

Thank you everyone :D I might have ago at selective colour on the other one too.
Normally I dont like selective colour as it seems a bit over used and cliched alot of the time. but I do think this was one of the instances where I quite likes it.

I love the first one. It helps me understand what a good selective coloring choice is. I recently had my own debacle of a go at it...lol.

photo 1 i love the selective coloring and wouldnt mind a bit more contrast but overall great photo opp and great photo

Photo 2 creepy but fantastic! that is one heck of a shot and kudos to lil bro for posing

Haha yeah he loved that bug (Hes such a boy!) Damn I went to go and make the 2nd one selective colur too (at intensify the green also Felix222) but then I realised I saved the B&W over the original colour one...

Most reactions

Back