interesting textures

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i'm begining to experiment with the human hands involvment in directly changing images, many of you will recognize this as a technique similar to that of joel peter witkins stuff.

let me know what you think, this ones not great, but was a fun way to burn some time

195124404.jpg

c&C welcome!

I've gotta say, I really like the result here. Perhaps not something I'd hang in my living room, but probably a study or an office.

I'm not familiar with the technique though. How is it done? Do you have to take multiple exposures, make prints and then photograph the collage made from those along with the original subject? That's what it looks like. I'd definitly like to see more of this kind of thing.

this is an attempt to digitally replicate an effect you get by (in the darkroom) having a piece of acetate between the lens and paper, you spray black matte on, scratch it, brush on paint, etc. what i used here was a scan of a piece of 4x5 ortho film.

then you can physically sandpaper the print and put shoe polish on, rubbing it in the sanded rough spots, it kind of adds to the grunge.

bump, i'd like some more comments, i think i'd be happier with "this sucks" rather than the single comment i got.

please ?!?!

haha mike give it a bit, comments will come if you give them time.

i think this is a really interesting technique, definitely. honestly i'm no a huge fan of the actual subjects and comp. of some of it, but the style is certainly solid. try something a tad more simple (or something really complex, if you want to attract the weird artsy crowd :)), you could get something definitely 30x40 worthy :thumbsup:

I see a lemon? and an exacto knife..

I guess I just don't get it?

whats to get? its just forms, if theres anything with meaning in this i'll admit its on a subconcious level

Most reactions

Back