MMeticulous
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Aug 26, 2009
- Messages
- 29
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Nashville, TN
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone,
I have a new Canon 50D and two good flashes. I also have two ECA 250 light stands. I'm about to start shooting interior architectural photos for a client I'm building a website for: banks, office buildings, small commercial buildings.
My question is this: what is the BEST, most reliable way to get good interior shots? Should I stick with existing light and adjust my exposure accordingly? Should I go with existing light and bracketed shots? Do people do HDR (I'm new to this) on interior shots? Should I setup the light stands and shoot with or without flash accompaniment? Should I just use the flashes in a master/slave pair and leave the light stands at home?
I used to be a Realtor, and I would setup the stands and make a full day of shooting a residential property. It worked well (I got good shots), but it was extremely slow moving. With the commercial properties, I'm concerned that I'm not going to have that much time to setup and shoot the interior. (There will be a lot of people staring at me, waiting for me to be done.) Also, a lot of commercial properties would be really hard to light inside with auxiliary lighting. (They are big and have a lot of separate yet connected spaces.) I'd really like to hear from some people who do architectural photography for a living, what route do you advise for interior lighting?
Thanks in advance for the feedback!
:mrgreen: Jeff
I have a new Canon 50D and two good flashes. I also have two ECA 250 light stands. I'm about to start shooting interior architectural photos for a client I'm building a website for: banks, office buildings, small commercial buildings.
My question is this: what is the BEST, most reliable way to get good interior shots? Should I stick with existing light and adjust my exposure accordingly? Should I go with existing light and bracketed shots? Do people do HDR (I'm new to this) on interior shots? Should I setup the light stands and shoot with or without flash accompaniment? Should I just use the flashes in a master/slave pair and leave the light stands at home?
I used to be a Realtor, and I would setup the stands and make a full day of shooting a residential property. It worked well (I got good shots), but it was extremely slow moving. With the commercial properties, I'm concerned that I'm not going to have that much time to setup and shoot the interior. (There will be a lot of people staring at me, waiting for me to be done.) Also, a lot of commercial properties would be really hard to light inside with auxiliary lighting. (They are big and have a lot of separate yet connected spaces.) I'd really like to hear from some people who do architectural photography for a living, what route do you advise for interior lighting?
Thanks in advance for the feedback!
:mrgreen: Jeff
Last edited: