Interior design

hmmm..., edit one in then. :)

Part of the concept of this design (my design and living) is the contrast and balance between furniture colors and sobriety of the finishings (wood, black windows, white panting, etc.), so my concern here is to show it. However, I know that the color in photography is a composition issue, and the blue of the sky is an option that's not part of the design, but have to reinforce it. My doubt here and what I'm reflecting about is the excess of information by color, if it's helping to show the concept of it's distracting. To be honest, I like it with the high color contrast of the firts photos, but I tend to overdue when it comes to colors in PP, so I'm asking if what you see is what I see.

We don't see colour in absolute values (very few of us can even remember colour accurately), we see it by the way it contrasts with the other colours in the image (or immediate surroundings). By setting the boldest colour statement as being looking out of the window you also set the statement, "this is bold colour contrast," and ask, "how does my design compare?" Think of it as two light bulbs with one being too bright, then you will always see one as being duller. But if you reduce the brighter one they both become as bright, they do not both become as dull. My first edit was a little off as it took too much blue out of the room and thus reduced the variety and contrast between colours, below is another that just reduces the statement of bold contrast within the window. Look at each separately for a while (your original), not in comparison by flicking between, and you should see that although the room has not changed the impression of contrast between colour in the room is greater simply because you do not have the "this is a bolder contrast" statement in the window.

This is what I see in answer to your question, a much lesser impact between the colours in the room in your first image because of the colour contrast in the window overshadows it.

Less bold in the window:
mod-2.jpg

Last edited:
Those are excellent. Well done.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back