Internet browsers

I noticed opera was mentioned quite a bit...I think I will have to look into it.

I noticed opera was mentioned quite a bit...I think I will have to look into it.

Opera has some pretty awesome features that once introduced to, I just can't live without. I have no doubt you'll be quite happy with it. :) If you have questions about it, clarinetjwd, who posted earlier in this thread, can probably answer any you have. :p

Chrome is the fastest, but as others have said it tends to have issues. I stick with firefox. IE has numerous security holes, as soon as M$ fixes one another opens, I reccomend sticking with a safer browser like firefox. However, unless you frequently visit "questionable" content on the internet, you probably won't run into a situation where IE's poor security is a problem. (Purchasing things online, etc. run through protocols, and even IE is just as secure as anything else so that's not an issue.)

Interesting topic though, online purchases. I know a lot of people who are afraid of purchasing things on the internet, afraid a hacker will steal their Credit Card number. Well, friends, hate to be the one to tell you this but at a retail establishment I recently worked, here is what happened when you swiped your card.

First, the information was sent into the USB port of a dell computer (the "Point Of Sale" Machine which is, of course, just a computer with special software and hardware). And then through the network into a standard store-bought linksys router, to an AT&T Commercial DSL model (which isn't more secure or anything, ATT just charges more for commercial use, same speeds and everything but they won't hook up residential to a business). So basically, yes, it goes over the internet. It attached to your card companies SSL website, and causes it to charge to the stores account. Yes, "hackers" DO steal card numbers now and again, but most card numbers are gotten from 'hacked' ATM's, where basically a small card reader is installed in the opening of the ATM, made to look like it was supposed to be there. You swipe your card, ATM works as normal, but you've also sent your card number to a thief. The risks are in having a Credit/Debit card as a rule, because you are just as much at risk running it at a store, as you are running it at home. Of course there is the issue of compromised PC security (keyloggers), but, any decent antivirus will take care of that.

Sorry for the ultra ultra off topic rant, lol, buddy just paid $800 for a T1i he could have gotten or $690 from Adorama, but he "didn't want his credit card number stolen".

-John

I am using google chrome and firefox. I never use IE its abit slow and laggy.

Most reactions

Back