Intimate Occasions - My first thread.

FKP007

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all. This is both an intro and my first thread. I'm a teacher of art and photography and a freelance beauty portrait photographer. I've done my years as a wedding photographer also. This set of images is from a recent portrait session with a young but talented model. I always welcome comments and critiques and look forward to hearing from you all.

Tech: Canon 5DMK3 70-200 2.8IS
1/160 f2.8 iso 100 ND4
One light setup - Elinchrom BRX500 with Deep Octa camera left. Foam core camera right providing fill. Background was made by me acrylic on canvas.

uploadfromtaptalk1435429063714.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1435429075879.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1435429103398.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thank you both for the encouraging feedback.

Ok new guy.... can you be my friend?

:trink39:

These are wonderfully done. I like that simple, lovely background you painted. Nice wardrobe,makeup, and that amazing HAIR!!! That HAIR!! Whoa! Thanks for posting these here on TPF!

These are wonderfully done. I like that simple, lovely background you painted. Nice wardrobe,makeup, and that amazing HAIR!!! That HAIR!! Whoa! Thanks for posting these here on TPF!
Thanks Derrel, it was my pleasure posting.

Please tell me that's not her really hair???:biglaugh:
Those are wonderful photos! :)

Welcome to TPF!!!:bouncingsmileys:

Absolutely stunning.....innocent, but very elegant.....extremely well done.....

Really nice. My only critique would be that the ends of the sleeve poking out into the background on the left of her arm. This appears in all three of the right column of shots. Not major by any stretch, but noticeable.

Thanks Derrel

Please tell me that's not her really hair???:biglaugh:
Those are wonderful photos! :)

Welcome to TPF!!!:bouncingsmileys:
Haha no it's a wig although by the end of the shoot the model had grown quite attached to it :D

Awesome set! :) How do you like painted canvas instead of paper?
They are very different indeed. Canvas is far less reflective obviously and with the acrylic paint (added matt emulsion) creates a much more fine art painterly look. I'm looking forward to making several more. I have some bts shots of the making of this particular background, if it's useful I can put a post together.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back