Introduction picture

RobBob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello forum. My name is Rob. I know nothing about photography.. except from what I have learned from reading this forum and from You Tube. I'm less than two weeks knowledgeable in photography. My knowledge on photography looks like a blank sheet of white paper. However, I have been reading this forum and watching photography related You Tube videos.

I've learned a lot the past week from reading on this forum. One thing I had no idea about was the depth of field technique. I have a Kodak P&S camera.
Below are basic photos from my backyard using my P&S camera. I was trying to achieve depth of field as best I could with the camera I use. Comments and edits are welcome. I'm hear to learn.

100_0155.jpg
[/IMG]

100_0142.jpg
[/IMG]

100_0099.jpg
[/IMG]

I know a P&S does not offer much control over your photos. But...any suggestions or comments? Again, I was trying to achieve depth of field form I have learned the past week.

Last edited:
FTFY? I'm unfamiliar with that term.

They all seem a little OOF. The third one would've been better with a wider aperture and not so centered.

They all seem a little OOF. The third one would've been better with a wider aperture and not so centered.
Thanks for the comment. I was using a point and shoot. To my knowledge the apeture can't be adjusted.

Thanks for the comment. I was using a point and shoot. To my knowledge the apeture can't be adjusted.

it can be by simply standing at different distances from the subject, which may not "adjust" aperture but will give different perspectives of depth of field. Play around a little you will see what i mean ;)

Hello Rob and welcome to the forum.

What is the model camera you are using?

it can be by simply standing at different distances from the subject, which may not "adjust" aperture but will give different perspectives of depth of field. Play around a little you will see what i mean ;)
Thanks! That's what I have been doing. I've been playing with the camera's ISO setting and shutter seed. On this particular camera the shutter speed is listed under LT.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back