iPad Editing Software Which Coordinates With Lightroom

Noob7_0

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hoping to get some input on software that works on iOS iPad but can also coordinate with Lightroom. I have a now “very old” version of Lightroom on my PC but I find it more convenient to edit my photos on my iPad. Is there an iPad software that I can use to make edits to which would also be recognized by Lightroom? I don’t mind manually moving photos between iPad storage, Dropbox, google drive etc and my PC. For cataloging purposes though I would like to use Lightroom or move to something like Dark Table. My editing needs are normally pretty minor, just WB correction, maybe some light sharpening/saturation and cropping.

I realize the simple solution provided by Lightroom CC but I don’t take photos regularly enough or use the true horsepower of Lightroom to justify the adobe subscription. I totally realize that I likely want cake and to eat it too.

I don't think I can help given your older version of LR. What I can tell you is that with a Adobe monthly subscription you get both LrC and PS for your desktop as well as LR and PS for your ipad. When you create a Collection in LrC on your PC it will show up in LR on your ipad for edit, which shows back up on your PC. You can do remote edits and it's convenient to help clients / family select images they want and to apply their suggestions for edits right there with them watching.

I don't think I can help given your older version of LR. What I can tell you is that with a Adobe monthly subscription you get both LrC and PS for your desktop as well as LR and PS for your ipad. When you create a Collection in LrC on your PC it will show up in LR on your ipad for edit, which shows back up on your PC. You can do remote edits and it's convenient to help clients / family select images they want and to apply their suggestions for edits right there with them watching.
Thanks for the reply. I did more research after my post and it looks like I am out of luck. I am off to consider an Adobe subscription.

I don't understand the question? Any images on my iPad or iPhone are recognized by any editing software. What's the problem that I'm missing? I save them as a JPG and can open them on the desktop and do whatever I want.

Thanks for the reply. I did more research after my post and it looks like I am out of luck. I am off to consider an Adobe subscription.

Do you mean getting the images from the iPad to the other computer? Where do the images originally come from? My limited experience has been, the iPhone makes better photos than an iPad. But I have a 5th gen iPad and the original SE phone. I never understood why the iPad with more space and room for a bigger lens, is still sitting at 12MP?

Can you explain the problem in a different way, so I can understand. I'm missing it? Is it file format or what?

LR for the iPad is free is it not? I’m on an older IPad now and just installed it not using my Adobe sub. The App Store lists it as “in app purchases”.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back