iPad editing

Mayo

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there an app that allows full editing of photos.. Already have snapseed and photogene. And a few others. Seen previews of Lightroom for the iPad.. I'm just tired of apps that focus on caption balloons and borders.. Want an app purely for editing. If I want to add boarders and caption balloons ill stand in the shoot holding one up

Is there an app that allows full editing of photos.. If I want to add boarders and caption balloons ill stand in the shoot holding one up

Okay, but why are you trying to do full edits on an iPad instead of a computer????

There are no serious apps for an IPAD, because you can't do serious editing on an IPAD, IMO!

Is there an app that allows full editing of photos

Already have snapseed and photogene.

Your going to need to define what you consider "full editing". For many people snapseed provides all they need, it's the best editing app I've seen for the ipad.

If you are looking for a raw editor there is not one, and probably not going to be one for a long time as the processors and graphics chips in the iPad just won't cut it.

Is there an app that allows full editing of photos.. If I want to add boarders and caption balloons ill stand in the shoot holding one up

Okay, but why are you trying to do full edits on an iPad instead of a computer????

I spend 2-3 weeks at a time out on the road. And don't feel comfortable hauling around my Mac. I do have Lightroom and just upgraded to 5. Love that program. And I use it when I'm home.

Is there an app that allows full editing of photos

Already have snapseed and photogene.

Your going to need to define what you consider "full editing". For many people snapseed provides all they need, it's the best editing app I've seen for the ipad.

If you are looking for a raw editor there is not one, and probably not going to be one for a long time as the processors and graphics chips in the iPad just won't cut it.

Yeah you nailed it. Looking for a raw editor.. What I mean is something comparable to Lightroom.. I know they are working on a version for ipad but are not sure when it will be released. Snapseed and photogene work well.. But like other's, They seem to gear the apps towards people that love to upload their photos to Facebook, ect... Or photos you find in a teen's room. With crazy borders and captions, confetti, and insane shaped stamps all over them. Not that it's wrong. More power to you if that's your style. Just would like to see an app developed purely for processing raw files.

Short sweet answer to your question. NO!

The Ipad was not designed to be an editing device.. and lacks adequate power (as mentioned above). It was aimed more at the email / chatting / texting / web surfing contingent that likes the Facebook type editing and photos.... which explains those "cute" Apps you mention. I doubt we will ever see a raw editor for the Ipad, at least in it's current configuration. It can barely do minor editing on JPG's in an adequate fashion, much less RAW files.

Yeah you nailed it. Looking for a raw editor

I spend 2-3 weeks at a time out on the road. And don't feel comfortable hauling around my Mac.

It sounds like you should get a MacBook Air. The 11" Air is hairy bigger then the full size iPad.

What I mean is something comparable to Lightroom.. I know they are working on a version for ipad but are not sure when it will be released.

Even if they do make version of Lightroom for the iPad it will not have raw editing capabilities the iPad just does not have the power to handle editing raw. A iPad version of Lightroom would do key wording, ranking, sorting and and jpg editing.

Just would like to see an app developed purely for processing raw files.

Again NOT going to happen on the iPad any time soon. Several years out at the least.

Don't get an air. Trying to run LR at a decent pace will make you pull your hair out.

Trust me I won't. I just got a MacBook Pro 15" retina 2.7G. And believe me, my wife would be pulling my hair out if I went and did something like that....

I edit raw on an iPad, using PhotoRaw.

thanks Hellen B.. That is what I'm looking for.. I tried the free version and didn't seem to have the power or tools like photogene.
Looks like ill just get a good case and bring the Mac out with me..

Thanks for all of the quick replies.. It shows a lot of interest in a program tethered for mobile devices and also a well established community forum.

Most reactions

Back