iphone X and Beginner camera ( ASK )

canonsl2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can someone tell me is iphone x or 8 camera comapring with Canon LS 2 quality ?? are they big diff or same ????

No camera is “better”... but one may fit your needs more than the other.

The iPhone X has TWO forward facing cameras (and a third camera facing back ... on the same side as the display). The focal length of the two lenses are different.

One thing that tiny camera chips & short focal length lenses could never do was create a shallow depth of field. One style that some people like is the notion of a portrait with a tack sharp subject and a softly blurred background. You can do this with a low-focal ratio lens on a DSLR.

The laws of physics prevent this from being possible with a single camera using a short focal length lens and a tiny sensor. To get around this... Apple used TWO cameras. One camera shoots the background deliberately out of focus... the other shoots the subject in focus... and the two images are combined (not just Apple... other companies do this too). Basically it’s a digitally created image that has an appealing look. Is it “as good” as what a DSLR can do with a low focal ratio portrait lens? That’s a subjective question.

A DSLR camera with a large sensor and interchangeable lenses lets you pick whatever lens best suits your needs. Ultimately you have considerably more flexibility... but this requires buying more lenses and lenses aren’t cheap. Also the body is physically larger (you can slip an iPhone into your pocket).

Ultimately there are things you can do with a Canon SL2 that the iPhone X isn’t going to be able to compete with.... IF that’s the type of photography you are going after.

what is IF ???

so LS 2 will take photo better ????

so i will try get , 30 day returns anyway

what is IF ???

so LS 2 will take photo better ????

so i will try get , 30 day returns anyway

No camera takes pictures by itself. YOU take the pictures with the camera, so the question you should ask yourself is not "which camera takes better pictures" but rather, "which camera fits my needs better so that I can take better pictures."

For basic pictures, they're probably about the same. If you want more flexibility to take different sorts of pictures, then the DSLR is better. If you don't want to think about it and just want to snap some pictures and slap a filter on it to make it look "interesting", then get the iPhone.

Hi, I got so excited when I read your query, Actually, I don't want to compare them because of both are okay, Camera phone such as iPhone X, normally you could try to use it for product photography or posting pictures to social media sites, But the SL2 is something all about the camera, I mean It's a complete of camera so it is still better than any other smartphones.

>> thanks so much .. i will try >>
really feel exited first time dslr play...

will see how diff that

Most reactions

Back