iPhone

Must . . . not . . . look . . . saving . . . for . . . new. . . lens. Resist, I must resist. :mrgreen:

home-iphone062207.png

Hey stretch... Look what I found!!!

:D

Looks cool but how much is it supposed to cost?

Looks cool but how much is it supposed to cost?

Too much, 500-600 depending on memory. Not only that, you have to sign a 2 year contract with AT&T! Sad part is....Ill be in line on the 29th...:er:

For some reason I feel as though I'm one of the only people not looking forward to the iPhone. Not as in I view it negatively, but I really don't care. For a few reasons.

(1) Besides all the obvious stuff on cost ... seriously, do you want to hold the equivalent of an 80 GB iPod (size-wise) up to your ear and talk into it? I think it's going to be weird to hold.

(2) I DON'T WANT A CAMERA PHONE.

Also, all the iPhone development has taken away from 10.5 development which is now delayed past when I wanted to buy my new big Mac Pro. And, I'm assuming, it's also taken away from development of new Mac Pros, which is why we haven't seen a real refresh in that line for over 10 months ... the Macbook Pro has more base RAM than the Mac Pro as well as a better graphics card. What's up with that?

Guys it's a phone. Who cares! I pull it out of my bag every 2 hours when it rings, or I need to make a call. Every so often i may send a text message which will be much easier without a touchscreen IMO.

Spend money on lenses instead ;)

The cool thing about the phone is that it is so many things in one, video iPod and smartphone. Smartphones themselves being amazing.

But, I've been hearing lots of bad things about this phone. Supposedly Apple is going to require an expensive data package to go with the phone. And they have been having battery issues and since it has no removable battery you have to send your iphone back to apple to get fixed.

I was super pumped about this phone but now I'm going to be holding off to see what happens with this. I could be completely wrong though and this stuff all be hearsay.

But, I've been hearing lots of bad things about this phone. Supposedly Apple is going to require an expensive data package to go with the phone. And they have been having battery issues and since it has no removable battery you have to send your iphone back to apple to get fixed.

I was super pumped about this phone but now I'm going to be holding off to see what happens with this. I could be completely wrong though and this stuff all be hearsay.

You are completely wrong. :mrgreen:

Okay, now to expand: The data plan has not been announced. By anyone. To anyone. ANYTHING at this point regarding the plan is pure speculation by everyone. No one has advance knowledge. Everyone who says they do ends up quoting a different price than everyone else who has "inside info." Period.

The battery life has been increased since the initial announcement in January. It now offers up to 8 hours of talking time on a single charge. Granted, that may seem small, but how long does your current cell phone keep a charge? Something tells me it's unlikely that it lasts 8 hours of straight talking.

Granted, I recommend the wait-and-see approach, as with any new product. It's just that your information above was wrong.

I think the iPhone will be like sex: When it's first out there everyone's going to get it and love it and bask in the afterglow. But a week or month later, they'll actually be able to look at it more objectively and figure out if it was really worth it.

will be like sex: When it's first out there everyone's going to get it and love it and bask in the afterglow. But a week or month later, they'll actually be able to look at it more objectively and figure out if it was really worth it.

:biglaugh: ooooh that's the funniest thing i've heard in a while! :biglaugh:

Don't want, don't need. It's that simple. We have a family plan with 4 phones and 600 min. month. I rollover 1/3 to 1/2 our time each month. We don't use our phones enough now. Just not interested.

How can one not fall in love with that super intuitive interface? :)

Apart from being the latest "must have" bling bling, the iPhone would be a great tool for the PDA-holics/corporate scene. I heard the other day that it will support MS Office applications (haven't confirmed that news yet). I use a Blackberry and apart from the email feature, the notepad and the alarm, to me it's just a big paper weight. Net browsing is a nightmare. I don't want to carry a laptop around to go online. I want to be able to smoothly do that while I'm stuck in traffic or waiting in line at the grocery and this looks like a no-nonsense toy thus far. Plus, it can be written off as a business expense, so why not? I'll wait till they fix the initial hiccups though.

This is hopefully a nice wakeup call for RIM and Palm.

Most reactions

Back