IR Image too soft

Dom0803 said:
That would be quite right.

Thanks all the same, chaps.

There may be no distinction in the word itself, but we would say "I am going to buy an IR lens", anyone who knows what it is knows it's just going to be an attachment. If we were to buy what you know as a lens, we may specify the mm of it. "I am going to buy a 200mm lens", thus a high zoom actual lens.

A lens to us Brits is simply a convex or concave piece of glass used in optics, be it one piece (your filter) or a hybrid of lenses (your actual lens)

Filters have sizes designated in mm to, so I could tell you I'm going to buy a 72mm lens, or a 55mm lens, but I'll also be buying an 85mm lens and a 50mm lens. It seems to me that it would be a good idea to have more of a distinction. That's why the companies that manufacture filters call them just that, filters, and not lenses.

Well me friend Buhb (Bobb, but it's his pronounciation) uses lens for a lens and a filter. He also taught me trow dahts.I guess in a technical sense it is correct in that both adjust/alter light waves. Yes he was born within the sound of Beau's bells.

I won't even get into boots, bonnets, wings, estates, saloons, drop heads, tyres, shooting brakes, or positive earth electrics! :confused:

US-UK...2 great nations seperated only by a body of water and a common language.

LWW

LWW said:
Well me friend Buhb (Bobb, but it's his pronounciation) uses lens for a lens and a filter. He also taught me trow dahts.I guess in a technical sense it is correct in that both adjust/alter light waves. Yes he was born within the sound of Beau's bells.

I won't even get into boots, bonnets, wings, estates, saloons, drop heads, tyres, shooting brakes, or positive earth electrics! :confused:

US-UK...2 great nations seperated only by a body of water and a common language.

LWW
Amen.

I may also add my official nickname I've had for about 6 years that everyone knows me as is Bob! But it was originally Bub (buhb) after a UK TV comedy series called the Black Adder.

Strange as Bub was a female.

:lol: We get Black Adder over here on the Beeb TV. I live Brit comedy:lol:

"We are now no longer the Knights who say Ni. We are now the Knights who say..."Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm."

I've been listening to the Beeb on SW since I was a kid with a Zenith tube radio attached to 100 yards of barbed wire fence in rural Appalachia (Kentucky).

Buhb and I once played in a daht tourney in Paducah Cain-tuck and I felt like a UN interpreter trying to keep an Cockney-English speaking Briton in good communication with a Southern-American/English speaking group.

LWW

My wife and I love Black Adder. We recently watched the entire first season on DVD. I love Brian Blessed, and of course Rowan Atkinson.

haha that's fantastic. Didn't think it would appeal over there!

The WWII was the best by far..

"Baldrick this coffee tastes like mud"
"Well sir.. we ran out of coffee 3 months ago"

lmfao haha.. and then the sugar

Most reactions

New Topics

Back