Irish Horses

Zada

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While in Ireland my travelling crew and I got a flat tire, and I just happened to spot a herd of beautiful horses near by. If it looks 'snapshotty' that might be because I don't have a fancy camera. YET.

Ireland1035.jpg

The only thing that makes it look snapshotty is the blurry wall? in the foreground. Ignoring that, the rest of the shot looks great! Nice colors combo of green, blue and brown.

The only thing that makes it look snapshotty is the blurry wall? in the foreground. Ignoring that, the rest of the shot looks great! Nice colors combo of green, blue and brown.

Hmmmm... Maybe I'm mistaken as to what snapshotty means? :confused: Could you explain?

Hmmmm... Maybe I'm mistaken as to what snapshotty means? :confused: Could you explain?

What makes you think it looks snapshotty?

I'm having a hard time thinking of how to explain. I used the term because you did in your original post. It looks more like a snapshot to me because of your composition and depth of field. You lost the bottom half of the left horse because of the wall. For the wall to be a succesfull part of the photo I think it would need to be fully in focus and the horses should have both been framed in one of the indentions. You might have at least achieved the framing part if you had taken a step or two to the right before taking the picture.

If you don't have a camera that lets you control the aperture, taking a step or two back in this type of situation might have helped get a little more of the foreground in focus. You could have opted to not include the wall at all, but natural frames can be very effective when used properly.

Another element that will help improve your photos is to pay attention to your horizon line. It looks like its tilting slightly to the right.

Wow that was a lot of helpful information... thank you so much. I tend to always take pictures too close I think... and slanted horizons are my worst habit, but I'm gettin better :)

Definately taking a step back would have helped.

I said snapshotty because it may have appeared as a spur of the moment type picture, but I waited till they got exactly where I wanted them (which I guess isn't where I should have wanted them!:blushing: Oops!)

I really appreciate your help!! Thanks again

I'm glad that made a little more sense. I think spur of the moment shots can end up being some of the best shots you will ever take. Eventually, the best composition will look so obvious to you that it's second nature.

I sure hope so!!! I have a long way to go :)

I feel the same way all the time! :blulsh2:

I like it!!! I think the wall out of focus and the tree line in the back lead your eye straight to the horses. JMHO.

What settings would you guys maybe have used right off the back?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back