Iron Man

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Picked up a Iron Man toy yesterday, to shoot when I was bored. Toy is about 12" tall, and not very posable. But did the best I could. (probably should have thrown this in the "just for Fun" Gallery, lol!

Comments welcome!

#1 (yes.. the shadow was intentional!) :)

Iron Man 1 by CGipson Photography, on Flickr

#2 (really need to see this one on a black background for full effect!)

Iron Man 2 by CGipson Photography, on Flickr
Iron Man 2 by CGipson Photography, on Flickr

Iron Man 3 by CGipson Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Also.. if anyone out there has kids who are Iron Man nuts... feel free to download or print them if you want! Merry Xmas! ;)

I like the brick background on the first one, but his legs get lost in the shadow. I think I'd brighten him up just a little bit with a mask.

I like the brick background on the first one, but his legs get lost in the shadow. I think I'd brighten him up just a little bit with a mask.

Thanks Snowbear! It was sort of intentional... I am in kind of a low key mood... lol! Feel free to play with it if you want!

The more I look a t it, the more I think it's better like it is. I might play a little just to see. Really cool looking, all the same.

The more I look a t it, the more I think it's better like it is. I might play a little just to see. Really cool looking, all the same.

Thanks... I get a kick out of trying to make toys look "real" lol! (now if it would only work on my inflatable Dolly! <wink>!) lol!

Bump! Are these that bad? Lol! I thought I dealt with the shiny plastic reflections pretty well...and tried to make them interesting....

cgipson1 said:
Bump! Are these that bad? Lol! I thought I dealt with the shiny plastic reflections pretty well...and tried to make them interesting....

They are pretty cool. I like the last one the most.

My vote goes for #3. The shadows in one distract me a little. Just a thought but if you lit it up from the bottom casting the shadow up it may give it a larger than life look.

My vote goes for #3. The shadows in one distract me a little. Just a thought but if you lit it up from the bottom casting the shadow up it may give it a larger than life look.

Yea.. but I was going to the streetlamp look! lol! Thanks!

cgipson1 said:

They are pretty cool. I like the last one the most.

Thanks Macho-Man... I was wondering if I had lost my touch! lol!

You don't do Christmas Eve stuff? LOL

I'm loving #2 in a big way.

Thanks True!!! I like that one also.... tried for a different look on each one!

Nice shots. With the first one, can you have a dim light source near the figure, and expose the picture so that mainly his eyes and heart are the only things that prominently show? I think that's what you were going for, and I'd like to see how it would look.

Nice shots. With the first one, can you have a dim light source near the figure, and expose the picture so that mainly his eyes and heart are the only things that prominently show? I think that's what you were going for, and I'd like to see how it would look.

Thanks! #1 actually turned out just like I was shooting for... I could probably get what you are suggesting, just by dropping the exposure. I do have some that I shot like that.... I played around with several different looks. I will post one below (I think this is what you are talking about... but it is just TOO dark)

$pweb_DSC9976.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back