Irradiated Decay (Amateur Gallery - 17 Photos)

Whootsinator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally got pestered by enough of my friends to process and upload these, I figured I would post them. This was a truly amazing place, and I only wish I had more time there. We only had enough time to hit the highlights, and then rush off to the next spot, which didn't allow me much time to really think about my photography. I hope you guys like the set, feel free to comment or offer constructive criticism if you like (though I don't expect much C&C with such a large amount of photos).

Thanks for looking! ;)

Towering Technology by ATK195, on Flickr

Concrete Circles in the Sky by ATK195, on Flickr

The Photographing of the Photographing of a Cooling Tower by ATK195, on Flickr

Beginning the Climb by ATK195, on Flickr

Descending Companions by ATK195, on Flickr

Hang Ten by ATK195, on Flickr

Spiders by ATK195, on Flickr

Elevated Horizons by ATK195, on Flickr

Elevated Horizons_2 by ATK195, on Flickr

Peering Down at a Nuclear Shell by ATK195, on Flickr

Wooded Hills by ATK195, on Flickr

Watch Your Step by ATK195, on Flickr

Garden Within the Concrete by ATK195, on Flickr

Stray Stick in a Bird's Nest of Rebar by ATK195, on Flickr

Reaching the Core by ATK195, on Flickr

Reflecting on Irradiation and the Dangers Thereof by ATK195, on Flickr

Peering Out by ATK195, on Flickr

First impression: You climbed that flippen thing?!?! MAN! You're nuts, that small of a ladder oh boy not in a million years, but I mean cool mans ome good shots in there. Too bad about the time shortage.

First impression: You climbed that flippen thing?!?! MAN! You're nuts, that small of a ladder oh boy not in a million years, but I mean cool mans ome good shots in there. Too bad about the time shortage.

Haha. Yep... That climb was pretty breathtaking. My first 'high' climb. :p

I'm REALLY disappointed about the time shortage, and honestly the way most of these photos came out... I'll count this trip as a documentary and scouting experience, to see what I really have to do when I finally return.

...Must... Go... BACK!

I got vertigo just looking at those ones from the top of the ladder looking down. NO THANK YOU. Lol.

^^^ +1

That would be a cool place to do a paintball war lol.

I got vertigo just looking at those ones from the top of the ladder looking down. NO THANK YOU. Lol.
+1:thumbup:
I cant imagine someone allowing you to climb this facility legally, how'd you get permission?
Were you tethered as you climbed?

It this the guy who asked how to remove the EXIF data?? It all falls into place.
jk jk. I kid.

Great place to shoot. Wolverine, Deadpool fight anyone?

I cant imagine someone allowing you to climb this facility legally, how'd you get permission?

It's illegal and they didn't ask, who cares, their lives..

But great pictures climbing, got a strong feeling of vertigo

Yes, I cheated... I lobster-clawed my way up for all but the very top.

It this the guy who asked how to remove the EXIF data?? It all falls into place.
jk jk. I kid.

Great place to shoot. Wolverine, Deadpool fight anyone?

Haha, no, that wasn't me. ;)

But great pictures climbing, got a strong feeling of vertigo

Thanks Inst!nct... I can assure you I did while up there!

Good set of pictures! Breathtaking views from up high. Nice work. Fun to look through.

This qualifies as 'Urb-ex" I think. I wish I could have come with you..

"Beginning the climb" is a f'n awesome shot btw.. when I saw the first picture and began reading the thread I had already started to think of what would make a cool shot - standing at the bottom and looking up was the first thing that came to mind.

holy **** the hang ten one is awesome! Really good symmetry and scary as hell composition, love the feet there as well.

Thanks, I really love that one. I think I got just what I was trying for there. :D

Oh my God, I think I just sh*t myself.

Too high! TOO HIGH!!!!!

:pale:

If all photography required climbing like that... I'd sell my camera.

You, my friend, are much braver than I. :lol:

Cool shots. :sillysmi:

Thank you erose. If you ever find yourself around Cincinnati I'll make sure you climb it with me! :lol:

Good set of pictures! Breathtaking views from up high. Nice work. Fun to look through.

I could have spent hours up there! Both for the beautiful views, and because it was much more comfortable staying on top than thinking about climbing back down, haha! :lmao:

This qualifies as 'Urb-ex" I think. I wish I could have come with you..

"Beginning the climb" is a f'n awesome shot btw.. when I saw the first picture and began reading the thread I had already started to think of what would make a cool shot - standing at the bottom and looking up was the first thing that came to mind.

Thanks Rez. Whereabouts in OH are you? I'm sure we can go somewhere similar. Eventually maybe even this place. ;)

Thanks Rez. Whereabouts in OH are you? I'm sure we can go somewhere similar. Eventually maybe even this place. ;)

I'm in Macedonia. It's halfway between Cleveland and Akron. Sort of far from you, but I'd consider a trip for something like that..

Most reactions

Back