bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
a scientologist?

Just curious.

No discussion. Just a question.

So we're the only three that aren't scientologists?

There is something behind every question that is ever being asked, and this one makes me wonder what it might be!?!?
And what may be behind your provocative deduction that when only three say they are not, all others are?
What do you want to achieve?
We'll have a very keen eye on this thread from now on.

LaFoto said:
There is something behind every question that is ever being asked, and this one makes me wonder what it might be!?!?
And what may be behind your provocative deduction that when only three say they are not, all others are?
What do you want to achieve?
We'll have a very keen eye on this thread from now on.

Bah!

Nothing really behind the post. I'm just asking if there's any around. I've never met any. I don't know anything about it. It's just getting a LOT of press lately.

The only thing I know about the religion is what was aired on a South Park episode. Just seeing if anyone follows it.

If you pay me enough I'll say I'm one

bace said:
Bah!

Nothing really behind the post. I'm just asking if there's any around. I've never met any. I don't know anything about it. It's just getting a LOT of press lately.

The only thing I know about the religion is what was aired on a South Park episode. Just seeing if anyone follows it.

Google it...you'll find plenty of highly biased for and highly biased against websites. You'll have a pretty hard time finding anything that is just facts, I think. It's a very controversial subject.

I personally became intrigued by it, too, because of the exposure it's gotten lately, so I added it to my Google Stumle Upon preferences, and I've stumbled on TONS of sites.

So yeah...google it. :p

bace said:
Bah!

You are of course referring to the incident where Isaac Hayes quit the show because it poked fun at Scientology. ;)

More info can be found here if anyone's interested. Seems there is now debate as to whether or not he wanted to leave the show for health reasons or because of the tone of the show.

I've only watched a few shows, but can tell ya it's not for those who offend easily. It can be screamingly funny and also just plain silly. ;) But it's an equal-opportunity satire, so they at least get points for that in my book. Nothing and no one is immune! :lol:

I'm actually reffering to the actual episode they made making fun of the religion. I watched it last night, and there was a part that actually summed up what they believe.

It was like a completely unprovable fictional story, but that could've been just to make it funnier.

I also read an article that blames Scientology for the death of a woman who refused to give her son medication for his Schizophrenia. He killed her.

I'm really not sure why so many "stars" are into it either. It seems like that's the only reason anyone knows what the hell it is anyway.

core_17 said:
But remember...religious discussions aren't allowed. :)

Scientology isn't a religion. ;) Kidding, of course.

Rumour has it that it was started by L. Ron Hubbard because of a bet at a pub...I looked on their website for the origin and couldn't find it, although Mr. Hubbard seems like a pretty smart dude. Anyone know if this is true/false?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back