Is it Normal for the Bride to Ask the Photographer to Bring Cookies?

astrostu

I shoot for the stars
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got an e-mail this morning from a bride-to-be that I'm photographing on Saturday at her wedding. She wanted to know if I could bring cookies. To quote: "I want a cookie table for hte [sic] wedding. If you can do 6 dozen, that'd awesome. If you can't, as many as possible."

Make sure you also bring napkins, coasters, a tea cozy, mini paper plates in designer patterns, and of course, a complete selection of teas, both loose leaf and bagged. Oh, and a two tea balls, plus a hot water boiling 'system'. And some fine sterling tea silver as well, if you happen to have the time to pick that up.:lmao:

This falls into the WTF? category on its face, but maybe she meant to e-mail whoever is handling the catering. If this request was actually intended for you, she might be a bit of a bridezilla....

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Undoubtedly she's out of the loop. The obvious is brownies........ Apparently she has already taken a few of the space cakes...... :lol:

I'd respond if she was wanting a caterer or a photographer.

On second thought....... I would respond at all.

Naw, you gotta say sumptin'....... but just stop by Dunkin Doughnuts on your way in and pick up a mix of Munchkins. ( I like the glazed and blueberries myself......)

Er...I'd ask if she meant to send you that message. If she did...refer her to your rates and contract. :lol:

I would but a couple of cookies, just to see her reaction. lol.

i started LOLMFAO in college when i read this :$

I'm glad I humorized you guys, but I feel like I should come clean ...

I'm a friend of the bride who also happens to be shooting her wedding. She asked me and a few other friends from college to (what I just found out tonight) share in a Pittsburgh, PA tradition of having a table of cookies from friends (so it "can't" be done by the caterer). She actually didn't tell me that last part, I just learned it from the groom tonight.

Still, it's a rather large imposition, I think, to request this last-minute, especially since I'm flying to PA from Colorado. I told her that cookies would break in flight, but that I was willing to make fudge ... 8 lbs of it. So far tonight: 3 batches down (chocolate chunk, raspberry, mint), 1 batch to go (chocolate - peanut butter).

Well since she is your friend all bets are off the bride can pretty much request what she wants from you. I have to tell you the cookie table was my favorite part of shooting weddings in Pittsburgh for all these years. This is the best after formals pick me up besides the drink of course.

Wow.... You must be really sweet Astrostu!

8 lbs of it. So far tonight: 3 batches down (chocolate chunk, raspberry, mint), 1 batch to go (chocolate - peanut butter).
*checks cost of flight to Colorado as part of evil plan to steal astrostu's fudge*

I love fudge!

8 lbs of it. So far tonight: 3 batches down (chocolate chunk, raspberry, mint), 1 batch to go (chocolate - peanut butter).
*checks cost of flight to Colorado as part of evil plan to steal astrostu's fudge*

I love fudge!
Me too. I was drooling after reading that post.

Most reactions

Back