Is it too late to fix it?

Bobbie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I'm new to all of this and this is my first post. My question is, I took some pics with a low pixel number. I goofed. Is there any way that I can change that to a higher pixel number even though the pics have been taken? Any info. on this is great! Thanks!:er:

You can resize the photo in editing software, but you are using a computer to create pixels that don't exist. What resolution was the photo taken at, and what size are you trying to achieve?

Well, I'm trying to make it an 8X10 photo.... but I didnt realise that my pixels were set on the lowest number :( I was hoping that there was a way to fix it hahahaha probbly not right?

What is the size of the image now? (in pixels)

As Matt said, you can increase the size (number of pixels) with software...but it is interpolation and the bigger you get...the more pixels have to be made up...and the worse the image will look.

There isn't really a way to 'fix it'...but you can have it printed and see what it looks like. It may not be perfect but if the image is meaningful enough, then it may not matter.

Also, even if it doesn't look all that good when it's printed. Put it on the wall and take three steps back...all of a sudden, it may look a lot better.

Thats what I thought :( I was hoping for a secret fix for it! It was on my lowest setting of 640x480. :(

Heres what I have, I went out to get a camera. I need one for Speed shots and some still shots. What i'm going to be doing is taking photos at horse shows and such. So I need a fast shutter. Well, I had no clue about what I needed for a camera.... So I ended up getting the Samsung Pro 815. Do you have any info or thoughts on that camera with what I need it for? Its 8 mega-pixels and 15x zoom. Should I get a diffrent camera, if so what do you recomend and why?

That is pretty small. It would be a big stretch to get an 8x10 out of that.

Not that it help...but this is why I tell people to always, always use the biggest/highest setting on their cameras. You just never know when you will want to make a large print.

you are very right on that! I wish I would have noticed that I had it on small

Heres what I have, I went out to get a camera. I need one for Speed shots and some still shots. What i'm going to be doing is taking photos at horse shows and such. So I need a fast shutter. Well, I had no clue about what I needed for a camera.... So I ended up getting the Samsung Pro 815. Do you have any info or thoughts on that camera with what I need it for? Its 8 mega-pixels and 15x zoom. Should I get a diffrent camera, if so what do you recomend and why?
If you need a fast shutter...then what you should look for is a wide maximum aperture. I checked the specs for that camera...and the max aperture is F2.2-4.5...so that's pretty good. Combine that with ISO 400 and your shutter speeds should be OK, although image quality may not be all that great.

One thing that I would worry about, with a camera like that...is shutter lag. The time from when you press the button and the time when the camera actually takes the picture. I don't know how good that camera is in this area. A long shutter lag can really be a pain when trying to shoot action shots...like horses etc.

My recommendation would have been to get a Digital SLR camera. Canon Rebel XT or XTi. Nikon D50 or D40. Pentax K100D etc. The image quality and performance will be much higher...although the price is a bit higher as well.

However, you may be perfectly satisfied with what you have...but keep it on maximum quality ;)

Thank you so much for all the hlep! I'm going to look into one of the cameras that you recomended. Is there a site where I can sell my camera if I find a better one for what I need to do? Or should I keep it?:confused:

640x480 is pretty small. The problem is, the smaller the file is to begin with, the less you can enlarge it, simply because the viewing distance (how far away the print is from your eyes when you view it) is much closer. A 6mp file can be enlarged quite a bit, to 20x30" and beyond, but that is because at 20x30", you are going to stand a few feet away from it to take it all in.

I would say, print a wallet from it, and you'll probably be happy. Wallets are 2.5 x 3.5. If you decide to sell your camera, there is always Ebay.

Good to know! Thanks a bunch! TPF is awesome! :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back