What's new

Is macro on a 35mm lens useful?

Vinny

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 14, 2010
Messages
667
Reaction score
1
Location
New Jersey
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm thinking of getting a 35mm prime lens as the 18-105 just seems to be a bit soft on certain photos. The 35mm gives a field of view on a crop sensor similar to a 50mm on a FX or film camera and I figured I'd use my feet to "zoom" in or out. Nikon has their 35mm f1.8 and Tokina has a 35mm f2.8 Macro - both have good user reviews but I am wondering how useful a wide angle lens is for macro.

Thanks for any thoughts on this!
 
It depends; for static subjects, it might be okay, but for anything alive or moving, you're going to have to get too close I think.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom