Is more saturation always better?

Danny_511

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im editing a few hdr pics and one of em looked over saturated, but nice. I turned the saturation down a smidge and it looks nice too. Can I get your opinions? It may not be a large enough difference to see, idk. Any help would be great. I dont plan on doing anything but putting this one on instagram because the photo would be way better when they turn the fountain on.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1365049529113.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1365049529113.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 176
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1365049539556.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1365049539556.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 169
No the issue is that the scene you photographed did not need HDR. The dynamic range of the scene is not broad enough to need the aid of HDR.

I can't see any difference.

No the issue is that the scene you photographed did not need HDR. The dynamic range of the scene is not broad enough to need the aid of HDR.

Yeah, I was kinda eager since it was my first time trying it out I guess. Thanks :thumbup:

There's not much of a difference, but I like the one that's less saturated because the clouds aren't quite as blue.

Overly saturated images often look garish and cheaply done. "Real", genuine, saturated color looks one way; maxed-out slider saturation is another matter.

Most reactions

Back