Is my film destroyed???

bazpaul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys im a noob to film....i recently travelled into hotter climates forgetting i had two rolls of film in my camera bag! these rolls have been subjected to temps rising and falling from 12C to 45C (after being locked in a car - no direct sunlight)

Do you guys think the film is screwed???? what is the tolerance of film like this (Fuji Superia 200) to continuously changing temps??

if i bring it to a proper photo lab....can they rescue the film???

thanks guys, im clueless here!!
:thumbup:

How long was the film in the car? If for a while, your film is most likely gonna be wonky. Was it already exposed?

Either way, if it's damaged, you're gonna have to take what you can get.

If it's unexposed, sell it to someone into lomography. They'll pay good money for it.

If you already shot it, take it to a drugstore or something and see what you get. It 'might' be alright, but chances are, you're gonna get some weird effects.

Oh! And welcome to film! It's nice here!

ahh yes some important questions:

The film was exposed (i took pics on it) and unprocessed (still in the rolls after i took it out).

The film was in the car over a three week roadtrip....and ofcourse i only remembered at the end of the 3 weeks that i had it!

Is it screwed?? :(

And cheers it is nice here in film, room to breath.... :lol:

There's really only one way to find out - have it processed.

I had a roll of Porta NC 160 that was loaded and being shot in my RB67 back in January. Then I got called out on the road and forgot all about it. It stayed in the camera in a room back home that ended up getting very hot this past summer, like an oven, according to my sister when she went to check up on things. I had her stick a fan in the window to cool things off and that was that.

A few weeks ago, I finally got home, remembered the film in the camera, and figured it was trashed from heat damage. Got it processed anyway, and it turned out fine, except for the last frame I'd shot, which was half wonky on the color - I'm guessing because half of it was wound onto the take-up reel and the other half was still out in the chamber leading to the next frame which was lined up for the next shot.

Just process it. What've you got to lose?

ahh yes some important questions:

The film was exposed (i took pics on it) and unprocessed (still in the rolls after i took it out).

The film was in the car over a three week roadtrip....and ofcourse i only remembered at the end of the 3 weeks that i had it!

Is it screwed?? :(

And cheers it is nice here in film, room to breath.... :lol:

Except for maybe some color shift, they should be okay. Just get them developed ASAP. The longer you wait between exposure and development, the more color shift you'll get, and that goes for any film.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back