Is Nikon a bankrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagrovMichael

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found news that Nikon will be a bankrupt in the future.
Is it true?
PS
Sorry for my English.

I found news that Nikon will be a bankrupt in the future.
Is it true?
Rumors are worth exactly what you paid for them.

I hope Nikon will be in business for a long time, and my faith in that company is strong enough that I don't think they will go broke anytime soon.

They do have success in certain fields, but they need to recognize which fields those are, and trim (cancel) the areas in which they do not do well. That might be a very tall order for Nikon which is known for its very rigid organization, and tight-lipped public relations.

Many people (Thom Hogan, are you here?) have offered unsolicited advice on how to run a major consumer-products company, but Nikon has steadfastly resisted any effort to save the company from themselves. This is not to say that Nikon might someday clean out the dead wood and focus on only their good stuff, but who really knows?

For now, I say don't believe all the doom-sayers until we have more evidence.

Thom Hogan has been saying that Nikon will soon be out of business for the last 10 years becasue they arent listening to his business advice.
meanwhile, nikon keeps making cameras and lenses, and Thom keeps using them.

there is this logical fallacy that some people seem to believe that if a company is a certain size, they are too big to fail.
any company can fail, and sometimes even the biggest of companies simply run their course.
maybe they cant adapt to market conditions, maybe market conditions simply move past their products capabilities...

its easy to sit behind a computer and blog about how these companies should be doing things differently, and how better things would be if they would only listen to you... its obviously not quite as easy to start a manufacturing company complete with research and development and turn it into a multi national, multi billion dollar industry leading business.

with their obviously superior business and camera engineering knowledge, it seems like Thom and Tony would be better off starting their own camera company and putting both nikon and canon out of business. they both obviously think they are better equiped to run the company, research and develop the products, advertise, AND anticipate public demand better than the entire Nikon team.

At the rate they are going, they may end up bankrupt, but that's beside the current point.

I can't imagine Nikon has a lot of debt, probably none, actually, but the overhead has go to be significant, so if they lose more money, maybe they will start trimming the fat.

Note to Nikon: Use extreme caution when trimming fat; you can cut too close to the bone and lose valuable muscle.

I can't imagine Nikon has a lot of debt, probably none, actually, but the overhead has go to be significant, so if they lose more money, maybe they will start trimming the fat.

Note to Nikon: Use extreme caution when trimming fat; you can cut too close to the bone and lose valuable muscle.
Actually Nikon does maintain commercial bond debt. This is normal for large companies, similar to keeping an open credit with a bank to cover expenses until revenue cycles through.

But Nikon's debt rating is low ..or high ... well, it's GOOD. So I wouldn't worry there at 1.7% and less at an A+ rating.
Coca-Cola's bond debt rating is BBB+ which is a good 7.5-9.0% annual interest rates. I nearly bought a batch the other month. That's more than my credit card!!
Ford Motor Co has one up at 7.7%
and Amazon has a 7.8B debt, AA- which is probably 2.5%ish

Pretty good comparatively

Thom Hogan has been saying that Nikon will soon be out of business for the last 10 years becasue they arent listening to his business advice.

there is this logical fallacy that some people seem to believe that if a company is a certain size, they are too big to fail.
any company can fail, and sometimes even the biggest of companies simply run their course.
maybe they cant adapt to market conditions, maybe market conditions simply move past their products capabilities...

its easy to sit behind a computer and blog about how these companies should be doing things differently, and how better things would be if they would only listen to you... its obviously not quite as easy to start a manufacturing company complete with research and development and turn it into a multi national, multi billion dollar industry leading business.

with their obviously superior business and camera engineering knowledge, it seems like Thom and Tony would be better off starting their own camera company and putting both nikon and canon out of business. they both obviously think they are better equiped to run the company, research and develop the products, advertise, AND anticipate public demand better than the entire Nikon team.

Hogan just reports and aggregates the quarterly and annual report data. Don't like his analysis? Publish your own.

Hogan just reports and aggregates the quarterly and annual report data. Don't like his analysis? Publish your own.

uh no..
Hogan rambles on about how crappy nikon is and how they arent listening to the any of their customers and how they are going out of business soon if they dont change how they do business.
i dont need to publish an analysis because im not ranting like a lunatic about how badly a company is doing that I continually invest in.

on second thought... your right.
i WILL publish my own analysis.
here it is....
my official analysis of Nikon.

Nikon is doing well enough to keep making new stuff. buy with confidence folks.

There it is. and yes, you can quote me on that. :abnormal:

uh no..
Hogan rambles on about how crappy nikon is and how they arent listening to the any of their customers and how they are going out of business soon if they dont change how they do business.
i dont need to publish an analysis because im not ranting like a lunatic about how badly a company is doing that I continually invest in.

here it is....

Hmmm. Informed discussion or fact-free blather? Wonder what gets read most? He's still Thom Hogan and you're not. Not hard to tell the difference.

Just ask anyone on the sharp end of Nikon's issues--the retail camera business--about how well the brand is doing.

uh no..

here it is....

Hmmm. Informed discussion or fact-free blather? Wonder what gets read most? He's still Thom Hogan and you're not. Not hard to tell the difference.

Just ask anyone on the sharp end of Nikon's issues--the retail camera business--about how well the brand is doing.
Nikon cant be doing too badly....thom is still using their gear.

And why is not being thom a bad thing?
Your not Hogan either.....or are you?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

About time to cut the mirrorless sh!+ you keep smearing all over...it's starting to stink...

No doubt loosing Sendai factory hurt them. But they would sell out / be acquired before closing the doors. I have no worries about staying with Nikon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back