Is Nikon F-301 good for a beginner?

Henrik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all. After having a short photography course at highschool, I've been thinking of buying an used SLR camera. Now when the Christmas (along with my birthday) are coming, I should have some money to spare :)

Anyway, I searched for some used SLR cameras and came upon this package: http://www.huuto.net/fi/showitem.php3?itemid=6074557

As you can see, it's an old Nikon F-301 camera with three objectives, a flash and some other stuff. All for around 110 USD. Would that be a good package for a curious beginner like me? What I require is just a camera which I could learn photography with. I would shoot all kind of pictures, from landscapes and buildings to skateboard, BMX and night-pictures. But I don't think that I would need to take pics quickly in any of those cases (not even with skateboarding etc. pics) so a manual camera should be ok. I read that the longest shudder speed is 1 sec with this camera, which probably wouldn't be enough for some of my shots. Would the bulb setting fix this? I'm not familiar with it at all and don't really know how it works in real life... BTW, the seller of this camera doesn't live too far away, so I could (at least in theory) go and see the camera before buying.

assuming it is in good condition, this model is an excellent camera. it has everything you'll ever need except auto focus. but if you're willing to live without auto focus, then great.

this is definitely more than enough camera for the beginner, and it will be able to stay with you as your skills progress, meaning you won't be limited by the camera once you get more advanced with your photography.

good luck and happy shooting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back