Is the upgrade worth it ?

Check the prices on a d700
So your FOV will be the same with the lenses
Which lens were you going to use on the FF vs on DX with the crop factor in the equation?

Never mind, you already got the d3300

Check the prices on a d700
So your FOV will be the same with the lenses
Which lens were you going to use on the FF vs on DX with the crop factor in the equation?

Never mind, you already got the d3300
In the camera store they have a used D700 for 850$ CAN, I was thinking about it for a short while and decided to stick with getting a new D3300.
First becasue I didnt see justification to get another FX at this point
Second I really dont want to spend more money
At the moment I think the D3300 is what I want/need.

In events I plan on using the 24-70mm on the D3300 and the 70-200mm on the D750
The only DX lens I have is 55-200mm VR but the lens is not working well, I need to send it to Nikon for a little spa but I am too lazy right now.

Usualy I have my 50mm mounted on my DX cameras.

I'd totally be rocking the 24-70 on the D750. it's going to be the more used lens.

I'd totally be rocking the 24-70 on the D750. it's going to be the more used lens.
Thank you for input, I am still working my perfect system of how to shoot events.
Until now I used only my D750 and was forced to switch between the 24-70mm and 70-200mm which is truly a pain and I miss lots of stuff while I play with the 2 lenses.
putting the 70-200mm on the D3300 is not natural and create an unbalanced package.
I want to try first the 24-70mm on the D3300 and see how it goes, in a worst case scenario I will switch between the 2 lenses in middle of event.

As I said in past if and when I get paid I will get a used D610 as second body and put the D3300 for backup purposes only, this way I wil have 2 FX bodies with 2 FX lenses-the best of both worlds.

At least with the 70-200 on the D3300 you'll get some extra reach. It's not like the 24-70 is going to feel balanced on the that small body. Plus that lens is no longer going to be able to handy wide-angle work as you're effectively shooting 35-105mm now.

Might as well reserve that body for the lens that is not going to be the work horse. Depending on the event, I don't see where you're going to use the 70-200 more than the 24-70.

At least with the 70-200 on the D3300 you'll get some extra reach. It's not like the 24-70 is going to feel balanced on the that small body. Plus that lens is no longer going to be able to handy wide-angle work as you're effectively shooting 35-105mm now.

Might as well reserve that body for the lens that is not going to be the work horse. Depending on the event, I don't see where you're going to use the 70-200 more than the 24-70.
Thx for feedback.

I am having a big event in few weeks (unless something comes before), I will try different varients with my lenses and cameras and will see what works best for me.
The guy I work with uses his Canon 70-200mm on his 6D over 90% of the time, his 24-105mm f4 is sitting on his 7D and gets uses only in large group shots.
I like his system so I will start from this point and then go from there if I find it doesnt work well for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back