Is there a D300 thread not?

Shot in raw, 100% crop, converted to JPG. H 0.3-H 1.0 4000-6400 equivalent.

ISO H0.3
DSC_0256.jpg

ISO H0.7
DSC_0257.jpg

The crops give me a good idea... its not about 2-3 stops better, but it *IS* visually better. I guesstimate about 1-2 stops better?

Still, very nice! Thanks so much!

Welcome ot a low noise CMOS sensor that we Canon users have been using for years. I can't wait to see the Canon Nikon wars bring both of our companies ahead even further! Competition (between the companies, not us) is great, they try and give us the better product, making both companies advance greatly for their users! Yay!

those iso 3200 more usable than my camera at 1600...lol. Guess that's why it's way more money.

Welcome ot a low noise CMOS sensor that we Canon users have been using for years. I can't wait to see the Canon Nikon wars bring both of our companies ahead even further! Competition (between the companies, not us) is great, they try and give us the better product, making both companies advance greatly for their users! Yay!

Yea but see, Nikon took canons idea and made it 128324243897 times better. :mrgreen: haha here we go! :lol:

Yea but see, Nikon took canons idea and made it 128324243897 times better. :mrgreen: haha here we go! :lol:

Yeah I agree with you completely, I am just saying that CMOS is better and that Nikon improvement is a direct product of the competition I was talking about, If it wasn't for Canon making full framed CMOS sensors, Nikon might not have upgraded to CMOS, and if it wasn't for Nikon beating them in doing so Canon might not have released .... well that's the point Canon hasn't released it yet, but whatever we're going to get in a few years to beat you Nikon guys back, then you'll beat us again, and we'll beat you etc. etc., and we'll keep getting better and better gear. I DO agree Nikon CMOS noise is far superior than Canon's current CMOS noise, even when MORE noise is there it seems to be a different kind of noise, more of a fuzziness that is bearable rather than a blocky coloration issue that is just annoying. That's why I said it is exciting to see what Canon will do next. See, I was trying to keep from a debate (which you provoked and I do not appreciate, but you failed to see my point) See there is no winner, Nikon is not better and Canon is not better, Nikon is just better AT THE MOMENT, a few months ago, we were on top.

Hahaha I know, ( I totally saw you point :) ) its amazing for us, I was trying to upset all of thoes, NO CANON IS BETTER!!! NO NIKON IS BETTER!!! people. :)

Mines better then yours is neener neener neener...:lol:

I just couldn't help myself. All my friends use Canons :greenpbl:

Well for the record my D200 is better than all your cameras because it's here in my room. What good is your camera if I can't use it :p

those iso 3200 more usable than my camera at 1600...lol. Guess that's why it's way more money.

The D300 ISO 3200 is better than the 320 on my old olympus E-10! :shock:
Well I should expect as much, from a 7 year gap in technology.

Got my tracking number today....no sales tax or shipping...I had pre-ordered from Ritz on 8-29-07

WHooooooooHoooooooooo

Most reactions

Back