Is there a market for barely used kit lenses?

Rocketman1978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've got the following that I have only used a couple of times each indoors at home, mint condition:

• Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
  • Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III

I have the following which I use regularly:

• Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM prime
  • Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

I would like to pickup a nicer telephoto zoom or perhaps a macro lens and honestly don't need to keep my kit lenses around. Is there a market for these lenses? If so what could I get out of them if I sold them?

-TIA!

Yerp...

Canon 18-55mm in Lenses | eBay

Canon 75-300mm in Lenses | eBay

Unfortunately you're selling what a lot of other people are selling also, so you won't get that much out of the two. From the prices I saw maybe $200 or so...but that's all money you can put toward serious glass. Think of it as a 10% off card for the 70-200 :).

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I sold my 55-250 several months after I bought it....that was about a year ago. I put it up on ebay with a buy-it-now about $20 less than everyone else was asking as B-I-N and it sold the first day! I was overjoyed to get $155 for it, I think I paid about $175 or so several months earlier.

When listing it, be sure to emphasize low usage. Also take a shot of the contacts on the back of the lens to show how little it's been used.

I think I got $250 for my 18-135mm about 6 months ago

Most reactions

New Topics

Back