Is there any way other than HDR that I could have made this shot.

When I typed out how much of a pain it is to fix a blown sky like this , your photo wasn't showing up on my iPad. Your image is effective, now that it's no longer a white square.
Where did you pull that sky shot from?

I have a stock library of stuff like that that I've put together over the years for future uses as backgrounds and whatnot. I just shoot a lot of random stuff that I think might come in handy later - skies, landscapes, buildings, objects of all sorts. I've also got stock images in it that I've bought over the years for one purpose or another.

Wow,... I went and re-did this series of shots today - and from the looks of things it even clipped the sky in the raw image.

I'm going to look at the raw image that was 2 stops underexposed next.

Whiskey

Okay! I have something here.

Do you think this photo looks "Realistic"? That's the look I'm going for but it seems like I may have overdone the sky :( What do you think?
HandHeld HDR Pano1.jpg

Thanks!
Whiskey

All I see is a broken image link symbol.

Based on the image you posted in post #1 it may exceed TPFs image file size limits.

All I see is a broken image link symbol.

Based on the image you posted in post #1 it may exceed TPFs image file size limits.

That stinks :(

Okay, I made it much smaller and uploaded it directly to this board. Do you think this picture looks realistic?

$HandHeld HDR Pano1.jpg

Thanks!
Whiskey

Photomatix is not your friend.

Joe

Hmmm.
I take it I didn't do a very good job.

Do you have any suggestions? Are there any good tutorials that might give me some hints? I'm really new to any of this post processing stuff.

Thanks,
Whiskey

How about this photo? Does this look better?

$sizeforweb.jpg

Thanks,
Whiskey

Most reactions

New Topics

Back