Is there any way to tether with a canon and have the images save to card also?

Phtoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Shooting with a 5d mk ii into capture one - but getting really annoyed that i cant see the picture on the lcd screen as im shooting, and have a backup on cf cards.

Any other options in regards to tethering software. i know eos utility allows this, but not a big fan of the software

Adobe Lightroom 3 has a very good tether utility but I'm not sure of the specific details of how it would work with your camera. There is also a free one that's amazing, but it's only for Mac so of you have a pc you're sol with it. Can't remember the name of that one off hand though

Any other options in regards to tethering software. i know eos utility allows this, but not a big fan of the software
The way I used to do it was with EOS Utility. I believe you had the option of whether you wanted to write to the card or not... Anyway, I would have EOS utility save them to a folder on the computer, I would then have Lightroom set to watch that folder and auto-import. It worked great.

That was with LR2. As far as I can remember, that was the only way to tether with LR2...

Lightroom 3 can do Teathering without the EOS utility

Most reactions

New Topics

Back