Is there anything I can do to save this?

aprhockey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, a while back I went to my brother's ultimate frisbee game and of course it was at night, and I had my kit lens and no flash (wouldn't know how to use it if I did / wouldn't know if it would be that useful). I got a great action shot, but the quality is terrible.
There was no way I could get a proper exposure without motion blur, so I just decided to underexpose thinking I would be able to up the exposure in lightroom without affecting the quality too much. So here is my edit:

5375859875_31d4ac21d7_z.jpg

ISO 1600
f/5.6
1/80 sec.

So anybody have any idea what could make this better if that's even possible?

P.S. What makes it worse is that my laptop died, so I had to load the pictures on my girlfriend's mac, which for some reason immediately converted all the RAW files to JPEG and before I realized this I deleted the pics from the memory card. So this editing was done to a JPEG file...

Because of the way digital photographs work, under exposure is about the worst thing you can do. ACR (Lightroom) gives you some latitude to add exposure but........You needed more shutter speed. 1/250 or so. Noise is better than blurry.

JPEG has no editing headroom.

It's to bad you weren't paying attention to the computers settings when you uploaded, and failed to check before you deleted the original files.

By the way, when you 'delete' all that gets changed is a flag in the File Allocation Table. As long as you do not over-write the memory locations, the original photos are still on the card.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back