Is there such a thing as...

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Another Dave, May 4, 2007.

  1. Another Dave

    Another Dave TPF Noob!

    May 4, 2007
    Likes Received:
    Is there such a thing as an uncorrected converter lens?

    I just tested a WC-E24 wide angle converter lens on my Coolpix 800, and was disappointed at the contrast loss and lack of sharpness. I know that there are tradeoffs that have to be taken in using a converter, and wonder if I could get better results if the lens didn't try to do so many things, such as correcting for geometry and for color.

    Could a simpler wide angle converter be made, that has a known aberration profile, that could be corrected AFTER the photo is taken, say in Photoshop?

    Wouldn't this allow for better quality overall?


Share This Page