Is this a good deal on a Canon 40D?

It's a con. Good online Canon sellers are B & H, Amazon, Adorama, KEH, Calumet, my local shop Robertsimaging.com is good also.

ya when u see something significantly cheaper its a nono

yea the shop didgital direct has been talked about couple of times on here already

I got my 50D from them for a great price.

But when I called to verify my credit card number they told me the camera shipped without a battery or memory card... and I needed a lens.

I got the battery for $400, the 1GB memory card for $200 and a 28-135mm lens for $600.

Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

:mrgreen:

They're crooks. Avoid them like herpes.

I got my 50D from them for a great price.
I got the battery for $400, the 1GB memory card for $200 and a 28-135mm lens for $600.

Wait... what? Battery is $10 on ebay, 1GB memory card is $10 and that lens is $200 probably.

Are you saying those are the prices "they" quoted you for the extras?

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaady.

Wait... what? Battery is $10 on ebay, 1GB memory card is $10 and that lens is $200 probably.

Are you saying those are the prices "they" quoted you for the extras?

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaady.
Go check out their website:

ShopDigitalDirect.com

Look at the prices for the battery and charger (scroll down). They don't send you your camera when you order, you'll get an email later saying "please call us to confirm your order". When you call they give you a high pressure sales job telling you the camera doesn't come with any accessories. If you buy them at the inflated prices, you get your camera. If you tell them you're not interested, you get hung-up on and you never get your camera. Then they'll use your credit card number for online sex sites and other things.

Most reactions

Back