Is this a goood starter camera ?

i read someones signature... it said

"noobs think of the camera,Beginners think of the composition, and pros think of the lighting.... "
or something like that

i took that to meant it has bothing to do with the camera...

It's a great starter DSLR-if you're getting it for the right price. It's a little bit of an older model, but not too bad. It really depends upon what you are paying for it.

The quote says: Beginners think about cameras. Intermediates think about composition. Pros think about light.

My first camera was a ps canon sd600. I took a few great pictures with that little camera. If I had known more about photography then I could've taken more good picture. I've had a 6 year old dslr for about a year now and i'm not even thinking about upgrading, I did however upgraded the lens.
If I was to buy to a newer more expensive camera it would do nothing to the quality of my pictures.

My first camera was a Pentax, I quickly out grew the capabilities of that so moved to the 50D and loved it. Unfortunatly that was stolen when my house was broken into so my lovely parents bought me a 7D which is awesome! I had to replace my L seris lens's but all in all I got a pretty good deal on the camera side of things.

I was glad I started with a cheaper camera and worked my way up, that how you learn when you want in a camrea and what you don't need... I like the fps on the 7D v the 5D even though its not a full frame camera it does everything i need. You will probably find as you get more into it and if you enjoy improving your skills you will upgrade within a year or so

Hi there, that camera is a fantastic camera to use. All manner of settings are built in to help you along understanding what your interests are when taking pictures, and the best part is you can go full manual! You cannot possible go wrong with ANY DSLR built in the last 7 years. All cameras are getting more and more complex every year, and as such it gets easier to find your 'sweet spot' when it comes to finding your niche. Congratulations on your DSLR and I cannot wait to get a glimpse of what you can do. Cheers!

The quote says: Beginners think about cameras. Intermediates think about composition. Pros think about light.

My first camera was a ps canon sd600. I took a few great pictures with that little camera. If I had known more about photography then I could've taken more good picture. I've had a 6 year old dslr for about a year now and i'm not even thinking about upgrading, I did however upgraded the lens.
If I was to buy to a newer more expensive camera it would do nothing to the quality of my pictures.

Eh, close enough

Its not the camera that makes the photographer. Its all about how you use it.

Oh really, cause when I had my canon powershot point and shoot I asked for some C&C on pics I took with it and asked if it was a good camera and I was constantly told that if I really want to get into photography seriously that I would want a DSLR ? Answer me a question if somebody hired you to do a wedding photo shoot are you going to show up with a point and shoot ?

I understand your frustration ash, and to answer your question, yes, the 1000 is a good starter camera. It won't do some of the things a $5000 camera will do, but as long as it has a "M" mode, you will be able to work out/learn the fundamentals of good photography.

Enjoy it, and don't worry too much about spending millions on lenses etc just yet. Have fun.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back