Is this all in my head, or in the photo?

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought this one told an old story. As I see it, the man on the left has his eyes on the woman on the right in the coffee shop, while her interest is on one, or both, of the men at the near table, who look like a couple to me. The eternal triangle (quadrangle?) My wife doesn't see this in the photo. Am I seeing what I was hoping to capture, or does anyone else see this short story here? I probably should have posted the image first, and then asked the question in another post so as not to influence the responses.
IMG_2068_2.JPG

You are correct. I see it and I'm confident I would have without you pointing it out. The four faces are clearly defined, on the same level, and very visible. I first see the woman's face looking at the two guys in the foreground, then I notice the man in the background who seems to be looking at the woman. Also all the other faces are significantly darker than the four. Not sure if that was how the scene was lit or if you did some post, but if you did it in post you did it well.

I like it.

I'm not sure I would have seen what you describe because to me, the man on the left is not looking at the woman. I see him either looking down or with his eyes closed. I also see the woman looking more at the camera than at the two gentlemen in the front.

I can certainly understand where your 'story' comes from, and the gazes are reasonably consistent with that story. It just doesn't 'jump out' at me like it apparently does for you.

Guy inside day dreaming. Two guys at the table, oblivious. Lady in back "WTF is he taking a photo of?"

Guy inside is watching the bathroom door waiting as patiently as he can because he's had three cups of coffee. Woman is staring outside trying to figure out why the photographer is taking pictures of the two guys who are married to one another.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back