Is this battery a original?

Don't know why it wouldn't. The firmware shouldn't have anything to do with the battery. Never heard of a firmware issue with off brand grips either. Only issue I remember from earlier grips were things like contacts not lining up quite right.

I shoot Canon and have used several Sterlingtek batteries over the years without issue.
That actually was a major issue with some Nikon updates

The last D3100, D3200, D5100, D5200 and P7700 firmware update killed third party battery compatibility | Nikon Rumors
New Nikon Firmware Update Kills 3rd Party Battery Compatibility for Several Models

and grips
https://www.flickr.com/groups/nikon-d5100/discuss/72157627988016889/

there's plenty on the internet about it .. probably here too

Don't know why it wouldn't. The firmware shouldn't have anything to do with the battery. Never heard of a firmware issue with off brand grips either. Only issue I remember from earlier grips were things like contacts not lining up quite right.

I shoot Canon and have used several Sterlingtek batteries over the years without issue.

With Nikon made cameras it runs the gamut. Third party buyers beware.

Wow, Canon had their issues as well, but they were from grips that didn't line up right. That seems like over technology to me.

For right now for example i would love to know if there is a camera grip that is tested on firmware update 1.03c on the d3200. You cannot find anything online and grip manufacturers don't bother to do tests on products they sell advertised for specific cameras.

Thanks for the help everyone, i have ordered a fresh batch of oven fresh battery goodness.

Most reactions

Back