What's new

Is this kit a good investment?

Doco

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 9, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Kansas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I am a retired teacher and new to the world of photography (more or less). I have a Cannon 40D and have reciently purchased a 580 EX11 speedlight that I have not used much yet. My question is this: I found this accessory kit made by Interfit: INTERFIT STROBIES PORTRAIT KIT It looks like a good kit and I am familiar with the Interfit brand name. Eventually, I hope to do a few weddings. Would this be a good investment?
 
I would say no.
 
for a 'portrait kit', it doesn't look very well suited for portraits. The beauty dish looks like about a 5 inch light source. Not very beautiful. Besides, that's expensive as hell. I would get a nice lightstand, an umbrella, hotshoe/umbrella adapter, and 5-in-1 reflector of decent size. Should run you about the same depending what deals you find and what brands you go with.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom