Is this lens Ken Rockwell likes any good?

sultan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw this RectalPro Tele-Spooginar 800mm f/8 at some online camera store based in Brooklyn, NY. Is it good quality? I heard that Ken Rockwell recommends these lenses for use on Leicas but he says that the D3X isn't good enough to match this lens. How is the Pentax K-Mount version? Will it support proper auto-exposure on my K100D?

P.S. *wink*

Well, Rectal-Pro is a quality company, but I don't think it can surpass the 18-200!

sounds legit

Does anyone else have experience with this lens? It may not be as good as the Nikon 18-200 but it looks like a good quality lens otherwise. The 18-200 is too expensive for me. Unless someone wants to sell me their 18-200 for under $100 (I can grind the F-Mount into a K-Mount in a milling machine), I'm going for this (RectalPro Tele-Spooginar) lens. After all, its a RectalPro lens, so I'm asuming it's pro grade. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, don't worry if you get brown fringing at F1.8.

Just make sure Rectal-Pro is not a subsidary of the [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=008BPUdQ1XA"]Uranus Corporation[/ame].

Just make sure Rectal-Pro is not a subsidary of the Uranus Corporation.
Nope, it seems legit. Its says on RectalPro's website that they're a division of Crappercorp.

P.S. Canon shooters who think that their white lenses are so cool - check out RectalPro's line of brown lenses. They're available in soft focus and constipated focus models too.

i cant say i'd go with that lens.. . at f8 its going to be stinking slow.. plus i have no used for a 800mm lens... as i'm not trying to peer in the windows of people on the other side of town :lol:

Just your usual Ken Rockwell snark thread. Of course this being the Beginners Forum, this is "fresh" and "new".

Personally, I wish some of the "n3wbs" had a 1/10th of KR's talent. Would make for a more interesting Beg. Forum.

this thread is confusing and disturbing

and proves my point that members without avatars should be flogged on site! ;)
they are clearly mad!

Personally, I wish some of the "n3wbs" had a 1/10th of KR's talent. Would make for a more interesting Beg. Forum.

I am trying!!
I think I might be 1/3 of a way to 1/20 so that is nearly 1/10 I think!

Just your usual Ken Rockwell snark thread. Of course this being the Beginners Forum, this is "fresh" and "new".

I'm a Rockwell fan actually. He sometimes exaggerates things but he write useful articles. Its just that when I was reading his F5 review, I stumbled across the brands "RectalPro" and "Spooginar" and I thought they sounded hilarious. Its just borrowing Rockwell's humor. I hate it when people insult him when they take everything he says seriously. It's (KenRockwell.com) a sort of Photography + Satire site.

The only person I will let flog me is Chiller! That is the only way it will be interesting. ;) BTW, be sure to check out the Hemorrhoid line of lens filters. Instead of constant-aperture, check out their line of sustained-crack lenses!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back