Is this my fault (off colors on photos)

A very thin possibility. Is it that unbelievable though that shooting with a tripod and 800 speed film in a brightly lit church would produce such a result? Or perhaps the people standing blocked a lot of the flourescent light that was causing the problem in the other shots?

I did get a few other shots to come out that well, all without the flash.

I don't think a flash was used. If you look at the shadows, they are the same. I would say that the exposure changed for whatever reason, for example more sunlight through the windows, and when the scanner on the printer saw the negative that is how it was printed. It is not unusual for that to happen. I think if you had a pro lab print them you would have had better results, even from machine prints.

Yeah, I've been thinking about taking the other rolls up to Oshkosh to have them developed at the camera shop up there (and because it's a much more interesting place to look around than walmart). It's a bit of a drive though, so it might have to wait a bit.

Not to mention the fact that you can't swap out films in the middle of a roll if the situation changes.

Sure you can. You just need to remember how many frames you shot, or the smart thing, use a marker to write the frame number on the can itself. You just rewind the film and either use a film retriever to get it back out of the can. Or do what I do and put your ear close to the back of the camera you can hear when you have it all rewound and when the leader comes of the take up spool.

Then when you want to shoot the roll again, you just leave the lens cap on and fire off enough frames to skip all the frames you already shot. Its good practice to add in one or two extra frames just to make sure.

One of your lenses doesn't have a yellow filter on it for B&W photography does it?

No, none.

I did get the second roll developed, and more of them turned out better than the first (aside from the times where I didn't get the focus quite right).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back