Is this overcooked? C&C appreciated (Salzburg, Austria pic)

Heitz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.heitz.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Seriously, I didn't do that much to this. In LR, I bumped vibrance up just a touch and decreased highlights to get back some clouds. But I had a CPL on and it was rather effective. I can't help feeling this it looks too...too much color. Any other suggestions appreciated.

7646963362_f8ff4c3636_b.jpg

I would play around with hue-saturation sliders in development module to bring down the reds (skin) then the greens.
If you reduce shadows you might get details lost in dark areas of the image eg her top.

Otherwise nice picture. Good composition

Sent using PhotoForum

Last edited by a moderator:
Reduced yellow and red with a hue/saturation adjustment layer.

7646963362_f8ff4c3636_bedit.jpg

Frankly, I like well saturated photos. Reminds me of the old Velvia film. I guess it all depends on who you want to please with your photos. You, or someone else? When I was a pro photographer, I strived to please the client. Now that I am retired, its only me I have to please, so I do it my way. I like your photo. My only critique would be to move them to the right, or crop it on the right so the subjects were not so much dead center. That's just me, though. Good work.

Thanks everyone. The most impressive thing, to me, is just how dramatically blue the cpl made the sky. I've never seen it work so well. Ps, it was a 77 mm B+W CPL + MRC. Quite happy with it but very difficult to clean

This is going to be pretty close to compaq's version since it wasnt that far off, as far as I see it. This is a pretty good exposure under difficult lighting conditions. White shirt, black shirt and there are details in both. And the clouds look great. The skin isnt blown out. Well done.

rr85rt.jpg

This is going to be pretty close to compaq's version since it wasnt that far off, as far as I see it. This is a pretty good exposure under difficult lighting conditions. White shirt, black shirt and there are details in both. And the clouds look great. The skin isnt blown out. Well done.

rr85rt.jpg

I'd love to take credit for the great exposure, but I'm getting some significant help from the D800. Seriously, the dynamic range on this thing is incredible. In just about any pic, if you decrease highlights and increase shadows in LR, it almost looks like an HDR pic. I've never been able to recover so much detail.

whats up with the blue skin on the edits? did someone enabled their zombie preset?
the original is by far the best... just drop the blue a bit.

I wouldn't say the greens are over saturated, and given the light quality the color cast is appropriate IMO.

No. I think it's fine. Though you've got some odd distortion on her arm.

Most reactions

Back