Is this photo real

Oh no! I just got a few rolls of film developed and one of my shots has a line in it JUST LIKE THE ONE IN THE "FAKE" PICTURE! Is my photo a fake too!?!?! Have I been lied to?!?

Personally, I think you're a bit of a tosser and a waste of time. Sorry if that's too strong for you and I offend you but you can't just walk in here posting obscure pointless stuff and then gloat in our faces about how good you think you are.

If you want to know how to make real composite images there are plenty of tutorials out on the web. All you do is copy and paste essentially. The real skill is in taking the photos that you can use in the composite.

I am sorry I didn’t mean to offend you. That wasn’t my intention. I don’t feel like I am better then you. Heck I didn’t even make the photo. I just thought with your experience you could help me shed some light on this photo. Sorry if I upset you. Heck you people here do know much more about this stuff then I would cause you knew that about the two faces of the girl and boy. I just wanted to know if they were real or not. If you can even tell if a photo is fake in the first place. Isnt there methods for that? Your realy good at taking photo's far better at them then I could ever be. I am sure of that.

This is a realy funny fake photo you might like it. Fake Photo
One more Photo For You Small people. I guess its hard to tell a fake not unless its absolutely fake like small people.

so, you do know the guy/girl who made it, but you dont know where the original is? ok, fine with me.
With the crocodile pic, its easy...............no blood. Whenever a croc bites, there will be blood. The second photo, the scale is way off.

Matrion said:
Wow did they ever do a good job. I cant believe how good of a job they did. I am sure it was done professionally.

Shouldn't a professional get rid of the horrible stains at the top of the photo?

Those occurred over the last few years I have had it. It was made a long time ago. So I guess I could bring it in and get it fixed. Or I could do it digitally on my computer with photo shop. But I will consider that.

Fake or not??? Who really cares. But I really would like to know just one thing:

As you know the person that constructed the image, please ask them why they decided to place a light on top of the school where there was none. Did they really think it added so much to the overall effect?

OK, I know I'm new (and admittedly, this will increase my post rating) and no one has posted here in a few days, and you all thought this was done and finished, but I thought I would throw this into the mix

Several years ago I took an art history class, and we learned that there is a difference between a fake and a forgery. If I were to draw a picture and sign it Dali and tell everyone that this was the missing MELTING BLACKBERRY pic that had gone missing after the Nazis looked the Museum of Nebraska, that would be a fake Dali. If I were to paint an exact replica of PERSISTANCE OF MEMORY and try to pass it off as the original, that would be a forgery.

Either way, neither is a fake painting...both would have used paint, both would have been on canvas. I figure that if I were to take a picture of it and say that that photograph was really a painting, then it would be a fake.

So, isn't this true with this as well? I don't think that the high school, croc or any of Matrion's photos are fakes...they all look like photographs to me, they are/may/may not/could be manipulated, not fake. I think that each piece is indeed a photo, even if the high school photo is made up of several pics put together.

Thanks for letting me get my 2 cents worth in :)

I too am missing the point of faking a photo like this.

I just don't understand why someone would mess with a school photo and not add some mustaches or something funnier than a line down the middle and a floating light.

Most reactions

Back