Is this right? 60D comparison..

Sbuxo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Disclaimer: I'm not familiar with DSLRs, I'm only familiar with my film SLR and manual focus. AF is completely new to me..

1. I'm deciding between the T2i and 60D STILL.:thumbdown: I thought I was fixed on the 60D until apparently on Best Buy through the comparison button, the 60D only goes up to 640 x 480 Image resolution? Please tell me that's incorrect? :grumpy::meh:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...632950*1218274633651&catId=pcmcat180000050013

2. Do all Canon lenses come with the option to manually focus? I know of some that have manual focus rings, I'm not sure if I'll be using AF very much when I get my DSLR, who knows. But Manual is very important to me, since that is what I'm accustomed to.

3. I'm aware that both say they have Manual as a shooting setting, does this mean everything will be manual, or is it semi-manual like exposure priority, aperture priority?

3. I have a Konica Hexanon 1.7 lens (I use it w/ my Konica SLR), is anyone aware of an adapter to make it possibly work on either of the DSLRs I'm deciding between? If not, I guess I'll just use it for my film work.

Last edited:
Aye, obvious misprint. The resolution of all 3 cameras is virtually identical (18Mp).

All lenses on the planet that I've ever seen have the ability to switch to Manual focus. L lenses (and some non-L) with USM motors offer "FTM" (Full-Time Manual) meaning even when they're in automatic focus you can manually use the focusing ring...but the rest there's just a little switch that will change it from Auto to Manual at any time.

Every camera supports completely manual focusing.

As for the adapter...you'd have to do a bit of searching for that. Good chance you could find one, but heck if I know where.

Digital camera's do not have in-the-viewfinder focusing aids film cameras typically have, like a split screen prism.

The lens focus rings are more coarsly geared, making small, fine focus adjustments more difficult.

Todays dSLRs are designed with the assumption manual focus is not often done.

As mentioned, with a few exceptions, all lenses can be manually focused because there are situations auto focus just will not work.

Most reactions

Back