Is this too much?

It's not too much, but I don't see the need for one. I tried the whole signature thing at first - it's the noob's way of feeling pro - and quickly realized how pointless it was. Looking through your work, I notice you put it on everything you take a picture of, including all the snapshots. I would at least put it on just the things that are worth stealing (assuming that's your reasoning behind it. If it were me, I would just leave it all out except for maybe a black border. Just my opinion.

It's not too much, but I don't see the need for one. I tried the whole signature thing at first - it's the noob's way of feeling pro - and quickly realized how pointless it was. Looking through your work, I notice you put it on everything you take a picture of, including all the snapshots. I would at least put it on just the things that are worth stealing (assuming that's your reasoning behind it. If it were me, I would just leave it all out except for maybe a black border. Just my opinion.

And that exactly how i didnt want to come of as....a noob, so i figerd i would ask. Im not a noob but def not a pro. The reason why signature is on everythnig is because i use Lighroom so whenever it exports pictures to flickr it adds the sig automatically.

As long as it doesn't take away from the picture, do whatever you like. The second one hides it really well. I ended up asking myself "if I find myself hiding the sig as much as possible in every picture, wtf is the point of putting it there in the first place?" Again, if you like it, keep it.

By the way, I was calling myself a noob, not you. :p

I like the second one more but it may be signature envy, I have the worst hand writing. I think everyone has their own look and if you like your photos like that so be it. There's nothing that says someone can't put a bright pink frame with butterflies all around it and become a millionaire photographer, but now if you do use that idea to become a millionaire photographer I am entitled to some deniro.

Both look decent. Smallish, not loud and obnoxious.

Because prints are made full bleed they increase the size of the photo about 2% to allow for inaccuracies in postioning the paper the print is made on. That means your border won't still be even, if it will print at all.

Most reactions

Back