Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
yea...
i don't even know why i still have this. I don't have any lenses for it.
anyone know much about this guy?
a little google-fu turned up some mixed opinions.
apparently this is from 1980-1981, and for some reason (quality control? lack of popular features?) got a bad rep.
I left this camera at a friends house a while back and its getting shipped back to me next week.
noooooo idea what to do with it. i DID look up Leica R lenses....pricey.

View attachment 60793

If it's fully functional it has value. But, a lot of them developed problems and repairs are pricey.

mechanically everything seems to work just fine. it is in good cosmetic condition.
well, last time I saw it anyway... but i don't imagine anything has changed.
without a lens though, I cant run a roll of film through it so...
im undecided on what to do with it. i dont think i can drum up enough interest in shooting it to spend the money on a Leica R lens.

Supposedly the electronics weren't so great in these, which were apparently Leica's getting into the SLR market for a time and are nothing compared to their rangefinders. However, if it's still working at this point, it might be a good one. Depends on if it's from the first year of manufacture, those were reportedly the most problematic; you'd need to check out the serial number.

I have a Leicaflex and no lens (thrift store find) so at the next camera swap I might look for a lens, so I might be interested in this if it's still in good working order when you get it back. Of course I could get to the camera swap and be distracted by lots of other shiny objects...

The body's were made by Minolta and the shutter made by somebody else, can't remember the name, during a joint venture the 2 companies had back in day. The only good thing about it were the lenses. I got one from a friend in the early 90's. I used it for about 6 months and had many problems with it. My friend told me to sell it and we split the money.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back