is this worthy of showing?

mmaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
idk what I feel about this image... obviously I spent some time on it but I'm not feeling it..

so.. is this ok to put on flickr, fb page...or should I skip it?

mila_050615_0172 (Custom).jpg

Good morning/afternoon Marija!

I like it, but I don't think it is one of your best shots. I would not hesitate to post it to fb or flickr, if it were mine.

I would. I might crop a little of the right off.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I like it. As said you may have better shots, but that doesn't mean this one isn't good.

For me FB and flickr are for my enjoyment and maybe get a little feedback. Whats the harm in putting it up. If after a while you feel it doesn't represent you to your liking, take it down

I agree that it's a really nice photo and everything is done right, but that it just doesn't have the same kind of...I don't know, mystery? fantasy? of your recent portrait work.

It's a very nice image. I agree with jc about cropping the right side, and I might also back off just a bit on the vignette, but then I would post it.

I think the photo is good. You can make it even better (just my opinion) if you crop further so the model takes larger part of the photo.

I think the image is symmetrical but off center, the flower looks funny tucked under her nose thus totally hiding her mouth, her hand is brighter and too prominent and the heavy vignette makes me feel like I am looking through a tunnel in a smoke-filled environment.
Not nearly close to your usual stuff.
As is, toss it.

upload_2016-2-4_11-0-10.png

I don't think I care for the pale color and gray background (and I don't see much actual B&W there).

As far as displaying it... it's not your best to show, but it's not terrible either; for purposes of social media and photo sharing sites I suppose it depends on who would see it.

You might want to find out more about what's going on with Flickr before you continue to post there; supposedly Yahoo is streamlining(?) whatever isn't profitable and might be considering discontinuing Flickr. As far as Facebook and any photo sharing or social sites - look at the Terms so you know what you're agreeing to allow the website/company to do with your photos.

I like it! I do think it needs a little color saturation or vibrance. The scene appears to be a happy moment and should show that. Instead, with the pale colors it feels like a gloomy rainy day.

It's not as evocative as some of your other work. I wouldn't look at this and automatically say "This looks like Mmaria's work".

you all said it's a "fine" image and I thought that if I hear something like that I would keep it... but even after I heard ... I don't feel anything except "it isn't good enough, even if I make some adjustments"

I would. I might crop a little of the right off.
ty

I like it. As said you may have better shots, but that doesn't mean this one isn't good.

For me FB and flickr are for my enjoyment and maybe get a little feedback. Whats the harm in putting it up. If after a while you feel it doesn't represent you to your liking, take it down
yeah... you're right, it doesn't represent me

It's a very nice image. I agree with jc about cropping the right side, and I might also back off just a bit on the vignette, but then I would post it.
I wasn't aware that I applied the vignette this heavy, I've seen it on the phone :)

I think the photo is good. You can make it even better (just my opinion) if you crop further so the model takes larger part of the photo.
that's one of the reasons this photo can't be "fixed" if I wanted her to be "larger" in the photo I would pose her differently, more carefully

Last edited:
I think the image is symmetrical but off center, the flower looks funny tucked under her nose thus totally hiding her mouth, her hand is brighter and too prominent and the heavy vignette makes me feel like I am looking through a tunnel in a smoke-filled environment.
Not nearly close to your usual stuff.
As is, toss it.
yup

I don't think I care for the pale color and gray background (and I don't see much actual B&W there).

As far as displaying it... it's not your best to show, but it's not terrible either; for purposes of social media and photo sharing sites I suppose it depends on who would see it.

You might want to find out more about what's going on with Flickr before you continue to post there; supposedly Yahoo is streamlining(?) whatever isn't profitable and might be considering discontinuing Flickr. As far as Facebook and any photo sharing or social sites - look at the Terms so you know what you're agreeing to allow the website/company to do with your photos.
yes... I should read that

I like it! I do think it needs a little color saturation or vibrance. The scene appears to be a happy moment and should show that. Instead, with the pale colors it feels like a gloomy rainy day.
ty... it happens when I did in post what I wasn't planning when I shot it

I agree that it's a really nice photo and everything is done right, but that it just doesn't have the same kind of...I don't know, mystery? fantasy? of your recent portrait work.

It's not as evocative as some of your other work. I wouldn't look at this and automatically say "This looks like Mmaria's work".

yeah...

the real trouble with this picture is that when I was shooting her I did it like "senior shoot" and wasn't planning anything for me, my ideas I mean. I just wanted to shoot her for her parents, grandparents and so on... and I did it, she got 8 pictures or something ( she didn't see this one at all)... Yesterday I came across this photo and though "hm... let me see if I can make something out of it"... and I obviously didn't make it.

The picture should be good from the idea to the finish... this one wasn't, so bye bye!

Thank you all!

Most reactions

Back